• On The Fence

5 6.10%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grooviechic35 View Post
    Sorry but I think it's fair. He knows the law and 16 is the age. If she was only one month off if he loves her y can't he just wait a month??? What the mother did was not great but it is a law.
    That's like saying its ok to break the law as long as your not found out.
    Yes it sucks for the guy and I'm not saying I'm an angel but you do the wrong thing you need to be able to suffer the consequences
    I would be astounded if even 50% of teens knew the legal age of consent.

I know that I was a teenager a couple of decades ago but not one of my teenage friends parents ever told them about the age of consent and I doubt most do now as the biggest concerns are usually pregnancy and stds.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I agree, I don't think that many teens know, or take seriously, the age of consent.

I think, in this circumstance, it was unfair. And if the mother was supportive of the relationship, to turn around and do this is not nice at all.

If I were her daughter I'd be cutting myself off.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (29-07-2012),VicPark  (29-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I agree, I don't think that many teens know, or take seriously, the age of consent.
    I am not far out of teens and I would be hard pressed to find one who didnt know. It's quite publicly known these days. I think it's more people don't care or take seriously.
    I don't like what the mum did I know she consented to the relationship but maybe she was thinking what if she fell pregnant or got an std??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's easy to say "if consensual" then ok. But some young women/girls may say it was out of fear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is where the law fails,

She is NOT 12 and he is NOT 30,
    If both parents knew aboutthe relationship charges should not be able to be made.

Grrr grrr

Stop wasting cops times, while that stupid woman is taking him to jail a REAL pedophile is getting off cos the cops are busy

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (29-07-2012),Californication  (30-07-2012),VicPark  (29-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (29-07-2012)

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I find it really sad that this young mans life has been turned upside down because of a stupid mistake. For all we know they were having sex for years?? If that were the case when they started having sex he was a hormone driven minor. Even still at 18 I would imagine he is incredibly driven by hormones and urges etc.

As I said before if my mother had of found out about DH and I she would have reported him and had him charged. DH is 6 years old than me so when I was 15 he was 21. He was the best thing to ever happen to me, we have been together now for coming up to 11 years and are married with two beautiful children. We have a very healthy loving relationship. All of that could have been ruined in an instant.

Honestly I know more people who were sexually active before 16 than after. I understand the law is there to protect but in this case it basically ruined a young life and for what? He did not harm that girl. They were in a loving commited relationship. If it were my daughter I could never imagine doing what those parents did to that boy. Unless she was alot younger and him alot older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He had indecent dealings with a minor. Obviously the court took into consideration the context and circumstances of the situation or he could have gone to goal. As it was he got a conviction, no goal time and a restraining order; a restraining order the girl could have applied to have lifted when she was 16, if that was the age of consent at the time. It sounds like she didn't want it removed, even well into adulthood. I wonder why?

The fact that he was put on a community pedophile register could be seen to be unfair, as they often don't outline the circumstances or context of the offence, knowledge, which in this particular case makes it less of a horror than an 18 year old and a 10 year old, or an 18 year old and an intellectually disabled girl of 15.

I find it laughable that an 18 year old (and his parents) would not know the age of consent. The term 'jail bait' is well known and used in high schools by students and young adolescents today, as it was when I was in high school 30 years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How sad

Was this mother really stupid enough to think they wouldn't have been having sex? Sounds like she was just waiting till he turned 18 so she could get him in trouble.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    This is where the law fails,

She is NOT 12 and he is NOT 30,
    If both parents knew aboutthe relationship charges should not be able to be made.

Grrr grrr

Stop wasting cops times, while that stupid woman is taking him to jail a REAL pedophile is getting off cos the cops are busy

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

You do realise that the police are capable of managing more than one task at once, right?

I take it from your post you feel that the police (and society in general) should be able to cherry pick which laws to obey based on whether each individual happens to think its worthy?

Fir example, I believe in the legalization of marijuana use for adults. While i dont smoke marijuana, I do think it's silly that the police waste their time enforcing laws which just help create massive crime syndicates where criminals become rich, and all for a drug which is less damaging to society and individuals than alcohol. So they should just stop arresting people who break the law for smoking or growing marijuana because I think its silly, right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think they have to draw the age of consent somewhere, but any penalty he receives should be fairly minor.

I'm not quite sure how the sex offender registry works in each state, but i think they need more discretion not to put people on it in cases like this.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

sweetseven  (14-08-2012),~ElectricPink~  (29-07-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast