+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Unfair.
    IF they knew that these two were in a sexual relationship already, then TOTALLY unfair.
    If they DIDN'T know it was sexual, I can understand why the reaction would be extreme. But at the same time no matter how p!ssed I was, I wouldn't take it to the cops. She's close enough to the age of consent and he had only just turned 18.

Seems like an unfair use of a law that's there protect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I voted unfair even though I know the law is there for a reason. There needs to be some kind of subclause for cases like this where both parties are children (as in under 18) and in a relationship... I dunno, something.
    Because if both of them had been 15 then theres nothing the mother of the girl could have done but the situation would still have been the same (ie. consenting girl and boy fooling around and been caught out). It seems to me the parents must have been in denial because if my daughter was in a long-term relationship at that age I would be assuming they were having s*x/very close to it and having many chats to her about 'it' all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So there's just over a 2 year age gap, and they've been together for years...

Well if I was the parent I wouldn't want my 13 year old daughter going out with a 16 year old boy. Or my 12 year old daughter with a 15 year old boy.

So I'm surprised the parents were okay with it up until they caught their 15 year old in the bedroom of her now 18 year old boyfriend fooling around.

I think after having approved of the relationship that far it was strange they'd suddenly now turn around and have him charged. What did they think their daughter had been doing with her older boyfriend for the past few years?

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (29-07-2012),Californication  (30-07-2012),Cleigh  (29-07-2012),Guest654  (29-07-2012),Mod-Myztik  (29-07-2012),Shelly32  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    UNFAIR. If the parents didnt think this sort of stuff was happening they shouldnt of been fine with the relationship in the first place.

My mum was well aware I was having sex at the age of 15. I use to bring boys to my room etc and she use to tell me to keep it down lol

Stupid parents for allowing it in the first place, of course they were fooling around kids do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The law is there for a reason. Regardless wether or not she consented, she was 15 therefore 'too young' to make that kind of decision about s*ex.
    S*ex can lead to pregnancy, transmitted diseases etc. That is why these laws are made.
    Hopefully it will stop his male friends having sex with under 16's.

Anyway, who has s*ex at a party where BOTH your parents are invited to??
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 29-07-2012 at 15:50.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (29-07-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (29-07-2012),MommaBear  (29-07-2012),Nagari  (29-07-2012),RobinSparkles  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Ridiculously unfair. That's horrible. I feel so sorry for the girl, her boyfriend and his parents. What an awful situation.

I was a month off 16 and my boyfriend was 19 and we'd been together a while and he was literally refusing to sleep with me for that exact reason.... but I coerced him...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Im conflicted.

The law is there for a reason. Every male should be made well aware of that if he has a younger girlfriend
    In my opinion, anyone of either sex should know and obey the law about relations with underage people.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (29-07-2012),Boobycino  (29-07-2012),DaddyLarge  (29-07-2012)

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    They'd been together for a couple of years and both sets of parents were happy with the relationship? Very unfair IMO.

He wasn't taking advantage of a vulnerable girl, they were in a committed relationship. One her parents obviously thought was healthy or they would have been trying to separate them earlier. Now he has a horrible conviction trailing after him that will haunt his life forever.. Very traumatic for both of them.

Dsd1 had a preg scare earlier this year, she was just on 15 and he was nearly 18. No one was happy, but we all knew they were in a healthy and stable relationship (over 2 years together). I'd rather she explored her se.xuality with someone who cared about her than with an opportunistic and immature boy. Then we would have been out for blood! They are still going strong.

I do think they were stupid to be fooling around with both sets of parents in the house, at the very least lock the door!!
    Last edited by Rutabaga; 29-07-2012 at 15:56.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds pretty awful. Yes there's a law but laws are black and white when real life isn't, and this really isn't the sort of situation that the law is there for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Very unfair.