• Fair

3 3.66%
  • Unfair

74 90.24%
  • On The Fence

5 6.10%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Fair Or Unfair?

I have recently found out that someone very close to me had this situation happen to them. I am wanting to know what the general (online) community of parents feel about it.

Male is 17, his girlfriend is 15 (one month off 16). Been together for a few years and parents on both sides know and approve of the relationship. Male turns 18 and has a party. Party is controlled, at the males house (his parents house where he still lives) and parents of both couple are attending. Male and girlfriend slip away from the party, go to the males room and start fooling around. Both are topless with pants undone as the girlfriends mother comes in the room and finds them.
    The girlfriends mother is mortified and charges the male with statutory rape. Girlfriend says she consented to what was happening, but mother still presses charges. Male ends up on the pead.ophile list for 10 years and is forbidden to go near his girlfriend.

Do you think what happened to him was fair or unfair and why.

(Poll to come)
    Last edited by London; 29-07-2012 at 15:12.

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think that is incredibly unfair. I don't understand how the parents could charge him though when they didn't catch them in the act etc. Also I thought it was legal at the age of 16... either way I was 15 when I lost my virginity to DH. If my mother found out she probably would have tried to press charges, but I knew what decision I was making at the time, it would have been so unfair if DH was charged and persecuted for that.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (29-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (29-07-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Im conflicted.

The law is there for a reason. Every male should be made well aware of that if he has a younger girlfriend

However...they werent caught inthe act of sex so wheres the proof?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Isn't the age of consent 16???

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babycart For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't see how he could have been charged - she was 16 at the time so she was of the age of consent. I thought she had to be under 16 to be unable to consent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Isn't it legal at 16? It is in England. Are the laws different here?

And yes, as DE said - where's the proof? It doesn't sound like intercourse happened.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfair.

A guy I know was charged with Stat Rape when we were teenagers, his girlfriend was a couple of years younger, we may have been 16 and her 14, or something, anyway her dad was a cop and got him charged although I don't know if they pursued it beyond that or dropped the charges. I remember feeling really sorry for him because they were a couple but she had slept with quite a few people before him anyway.

But I do agree the law is there for a reason, but in this case I think its unfair.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sorry...she was a month off 16, so still 15. Will change the OP to fix that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If she consented then it was completely unfair.

If I was the daughter I would probably never talk to my parents again.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    If she was say 13 and he was 20 or more then I'd say it was fair (and rather icky). But she was a month off 16, so just over the 2 years needed between them, she was consenting, and they didn't actually have sex.

I think it can tend to be a grey area, but in the case you listed, I would say that's unfair.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (29-07-2012)