+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    His approach is stupid and ineffective. He should have just explained that you were not allowed to hand out the flyers on the premises, and that you would have to leave or pay a stallholders' fee if you persisted.

It's silly just to repeat himself obnoxiously.
    I agree with this. I'd never have thought about it from the smallholders paying point of view, as most baby markets I go to are second hand type ones. There is no need to be rude in such a situation, unless you'd already been told before .. in my opinion

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It would be like walking around Target handing out fliers for Myer...not a good idea.

Even when we were advertising our karate open day, we would never have handed out fliers in a "shopping precinct" without permission.

Hugs, the man was rude, but you are possibly one of the hundreds of people that he has had to remove from his business...and is over it.

I hope your business goes on to do very well in the future, take the lesson and move on

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

MsImpatient  (29-07-2012),VicPark  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What an ***. I agree with you. Even if you weren't allowed to donor he could have just said so. Geez. Some people are just miserable people.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to larissa88 For This Useful Post:

jennibear  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Lying about what you did is not cool.. And being cheeky enough to antagonize the issue by continuing to hand out flyers.. Not smart.

What happened to admitting your wrong and dealing with the consequences?
    The OP was not aware that she was wrong. Even when he first said his standard "Thank you very much, ill send you an invoice" she was clueless what was going on.
    Only after he kept repeating his rude and hostile words, did she figure out what was going on. His behaviour left no room for admitting anything and even having a civilized discussion about the matter.

If it was me and had he explained to from the word go, why I was getting an invoice, than yes, I would say sorry and agree I would pay it. Yet only if I was allowed to keep handing out flyers.
    If I still had to pay and not be allowed to continue flyers, than I am sorry, but I have all the right in the world to go to Fair Trading as I should not have to pay for a service that I did not get to use to it's full potential.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

jennibear  (29-07-2012),shelle65  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't believe people think that the way this man spoke to the OP is ok!!

I don't care how annoyed he was, or what the OP 'should have known' (but obviously didn't), or what it cost him or whatever, there is no excuse for being so rude! All he had to do was explain that you have to pay to have the privilege of handing out flyers and she would've stopped! Its just plain rude and nasty!

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

beautifulbubba  (29-07-2012),Bubbles10  (29-07-2012),Chumly  (29-07-2012),jennibear  (29-07-2012),LaDiDah  (29-07-2012),shelle65  (29-07-2012),Trio  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post

I don't care how annoyed he was, or what the OP 'should have known' (but obviously didn't), or what it cost him or whatever, there is no excuse for being so rude! All he had to do was explain that you have to pay to have the privilege of handing out flyers and she would've stopped! Its just plain rude and nasty!
    Completely agree. A proper explanation of what the OP was doing wrong would have been much more effective than a snarky comment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post

Has anyone actually said they thought the way he spoke to her was acceptable...?

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    Has anyone actually said they thought the way he spoke to her was acceptable...?
    Nope. Just some people saying he was in the wrong, but so was she.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Luna Lovegood  (29-07-2012),Pearl Barley  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the way he spoke to her was ok, due to the fact that it was rude the OP was doing business without paying (whether she knew she needed to pay or not is not relevant).

All he did was state a fact, without adding any further details. This is probably due to the fact he deals with many people trying to score 'free' advertising. It happens all the time at markets.

If the OP needs a debrief, I would suggest calling the promoter of the markets and explaining what happened. More then likely, after the fact, the man will give a better explanation and perhaps may apologise for being so brisk with her.

But in the end, he did not call the OP names, tell her to move on or intimidate her in any way. He just said 'I will send you an invoice'.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MsImpatient For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think...what a d!ck!! Theres no need to be rude, you weren't. He could of answered your question and advised you that you couldn't do thst and asked you to leave politely instead of continually repeating himself. Geez that would annoy me, I'd prob tell him where to stick his invoice!!