+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    I would find it terribly hard if she wanted to do that too, I would really hope it wouldn't come to that, it would tear my heart out. At the same time, I am wary of being so anti anything that it pushes people away, especially my kids. I would support her no matter what. It's a hard one.
    I understand what u are saying. I wouldnt disown her but i could not support her decision either or id feel like i was condoning it. Would be very difficult. I would offer to take the baby and look after it myself

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Everything major that I've done, I've achieved after DS came along because he was the motivation I needed to push me. So I'd be pretty stoked for my daughter rather than worried about her age.
    Thats so lovely
    Thats exactly how I feel about my daughter

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would like to think that I would offer love, support, and advice to help her help herself. To help her to be confident in her own decisions. I would like to think that I would be able to give support that would increase her options.

So hard to know what I would actually do if that time ever came....I imagine thing's would also be dependent on her personality and aspirations and the situation that lead her to that point....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    I understand what u are saying. I wouldnt disown her but i could not support her decision either or id feel like i was condoning it. Would be very difficult. I would offer to take the baby and look after it myself

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    It's so hard. I daresay we probably have similar beliefs regarding that issue. Its only the last little while that I have started being really, really wary about being so full on about something that my kids don't feel like they can come to us or that we would judge them. Once she was already in the situation i would be less concerned about condoning something i dont like and morr worried about her. It's been on my mind alot lately actually. Ds1 who is 12 got a detention awhile ago (for forgetting his homework, nothing bad) and he spent the whole day worrying not about the detention but about telling us. Such a massive job being a parent!
    Last edited by Ffrenchknickers; 29-07-2012 at 15:29.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (29-07-2012),rosengold111  (29-07-2012),ShanandBoc  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    As far as falling pregnant young, I was a bit older, 21 and not in a relationship but it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I would probably be dead if it wasn't for ds so I definitely wouldn't be too worried about age or ruining her life, I would just want to be available for support. Not that I want any of my children in the same position I was, I just don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.
    Last edited by Ffrenchknickers; 29-07-2012 at 15:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my own child at 17 so I would support my daughter in any way I could I have to say I'd be disappointed but I'd be there for her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    On the termination thing, I know my parents would have supported me whichever choice I made (they are against abortion too), but I do remember them saying they were so happy I had decided to keep the baby, even though they felt disappointed FOR me (not IN me) that a lot of the dreams I had for my future would have to be put on hold. Thats the type of parent I aim to be.

I would be shattered inside though if one of my kids decided not to continue with a pregnancy, but would support my kids through anything, even if I didn't agree with it.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (29-07-2012),giggle berry  (29-07-2012),rosengold111  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure that realistically I would be shattered. I don't think any parent necessarily wants their child to have a baby at a young age or before they have had the chance to experience life a little. My hope for my son is that he will have the opportunity to finish school, go onto futher education, travel, work and enjoy his life before settling down with a family.That said, I would always be there for my son/daughter, and support their decision 100% if they were prepared to step up and raise their child.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tainted For This Useful Post:

Sariele  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also in regards to termination... It doesn't matter whether we agree or not. I think agreeing or disagreeing with them is completely irrelevant. It's a personal choice and everyone deserves the right to choose, and the respect for making that decision.... no matter what age they are, or their own personal reasons for making that decision.

I don't really agree with discussing termination on here, as it may make people feel alienated or peer pressured to comply with others opinions. It's a very sensitive topic and probably very uncomfortable for some people.

I understand that everyone is only giving their own personal opinions... but... I don't think people need to be making a point about the fact that they disagree with it. I just think it's inconsiderate and may make some people feel judged basically... It's too controversial.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LollyLu For This Useful Post:

rosengold111  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I would support my daughter as long as she didn't expect to live off welfare and bludge. I'd do whatever I could to ensure my daughter could finish school/uni and get set up with a good career (staying with me rent free, babysitting, not having to work as long as she's studying etc).