+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My first reaction would be sadness. I am 25 and feel I'm too young.

But I would support her as much as I could.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

rosengold111  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    Total honesty:

This thread has the potential for a very quick closure.
    I don't see how...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would support her 100% in helping with her pregnancy and raising bubs, but could not support a decision to have an abortion and would be extremely upset and disappointed if she terminated.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (30-07-2012),RainbowSky  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    I would support her 100% in helping with her pregnancy and raising bubs, but could not support a decision to have an abortion and would be extremely upset and disappointed if she terminated.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    I would find it terribly hard if she wanted to do that too, I would really hope it wouldn't come to that, it would tear my heart out. At the same time, I am wary of being so anti anything that it pushes people away, especially my kids. I would support her no matter what. It's a hard one.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (29-07-2012),MissMuppet  (29-07-2012),rosengold111  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosengold111 View Post
    Thankyou all of you lovely mothers! I just want to know how to react when I tell my mother.. I however have been with my DP for three years, both have full time jobs and have bought a house together.. So as you can see its quite different to what you all THINK may happen
    Congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It would completely depend on the situation, and her attitude to life in general. If she was in a relationship with a responsible, loving guy and it was a result of a condom breakage or something, of course I would support her and her decisions (although not mooching off welfare, like other PPs have said). If she's going out, partying and sleeping around, I would honestly feel sick with disappointment at her irresposibility. She would be free to choose whatever she wants to do, but the degree of support from me would depend on her actions. If she approaches the issue maturely, and understands that she needs to accept responsibility for the child (assuming she keeps it), I would provide assistance for the right reasons, e.g. putting her up until bub is old enough for her to study or work, babysitting and any required financial support in studying/working. But there would be NO WAY I would be looking after the child for her to go out with friends, go travelling, etc. Not until she had done the hard yards to deserve it, at least. And even then it would probably be conditional.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (26-01-2014),rosengold111  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would definitely support her. My sister fell pregnant at 16 and and ran off with her boyfriends family hiding her pregnancy from our family until 7 months oregnant because she was terrified of the reaction and at first my parents were distraught and stormed out the next day they had time to process and supported her fully since then but I felt it was sad that he couldn't have shared her pregnancy joys and woes with us sooner.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    I would be completely supportive and try to help her as much as I could. I was 20 when DH and I fell pregnant with DD, only 2 years older, so it would be hypocritical of me to be disappointed.
    Arguing semantics here, but I think it is possible to be disappointed without being hypocritical. Being disappointed is acceptable, but showing it or badgering the person about it would be hypocritical.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (29-07-2012),rosengold111  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    It would completely depend on the situation, and her attitude to life in general. If she was in a relationship with a responsible, loving guy and it was a result of a condom breakage or something, of course I would support her and her decisions (although not mooching off welfare, like other PPs have said). If she's going out, partying and sleeping around, I would honestly feel sick with disappointment at her irresposibility. She would be free to choose whatever she wants to do, but the degree of support from me would depend on her actions. If she approaches the issue maturely, and understands that she needs to accept responsibility for the child (assuming she keeps it), I would provide assistance for the right reasons, e.g. putting her up until bub is old enough for her to study or work, babysitting and any required financial support in studying/working. But there would be NO WAY I would be looking after the child for her to go out with friends, go travelling, etc. Not until she had done the hard yards to deserve it, at least. And even then it would probably be conditional.
    For me the level of support would be more if she wasn't really in the 'right place' to have a baby. Because obviously her and bubs would need more help to achieve a happy and responsible life. But I wouldn't be helping her continue her partying ways either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As far as keeping bub or abortion or adoption I would just make sure my daughter knew enough about each option to make her own informed decision. My own views couldn't come into it as hard as it would be - it's her body and life and I wouldn't want her to make a decision she would regret in any way.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to larissa88 For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (05-02-2013)