+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    I would support her with whatever she wanted to do. If she wanted to have the baby I would do whatever I could to make sure she didn't give up on study and a career - I would help her financially, babysit often, whatever she needed.

I would also help her sort out whatever she wanted to do in terms of the father - if they weren't together I would help her with organising child support, mediation, court orders etc. If they were together I would make sure she knew she could always count on me enough to know that she didn't have to stay with him just because of the baby.

And finally, if she wanted to terminate I would support her in that as well, and make sure it was 100% her decision and no one else's.
    Agreed, very well said

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This was me! After the initial shock my entire family supported me. My partner at the time studied at uni & got a full time job but our parents also contributed to purchasing items for bub & we lived with my mum. I studied & worked & my mum helped support me in that. I'd do the same if my daughter fell pregnant at 18 (although I would prefer she didn't).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hard to say. I would support her but there would be conditions. No bludging off the dole for starters. I'd be happy for her to take enough time for maternity leave (same as a working mum). If she hadn't finished her VCE I would insist on that. Then tertiary study in the field of her choice or an apprenticeship or a job. I would like her to support herself & her child as much as possible. And I would insist the father do the same & help out. Or he could sign away his rights entirely.
    Since DD is barely 11 months though who knows..

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Izzys Dragon For This Useful Post:

Cantwaittobeamun  (26-01-2014),Lovemyfam  (07-02-2013),Sariele  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    If my child felt strongly she wanted to be a sahm I would help her do that. An 18 year old and her child have just as much right to that bonding time as anyone else. I would help her study, work, whatever. Some things are just more important than money.
    So agree with that, happiness is all id ever want for any of my children.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gabby85 For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (29-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (29-07-2012)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I would be disappointed, but I would support my daughter with whatever choice she made.
    This.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly ? I would be supportive.

My grandmother fell pregnant at that age in the 1950s to a fella who did not want anything to do with her. She had my Mum (her only child) with the full support of her family.

My Mum has had 3 children who all have given her grandkids - so my Grandmother is a Great-Grandmother 5 times over.

I know it would be so hard, but think about the flow on effect. How much we've enriched my Grandmother's life and vice versa.

This wouldn't have happened if her family shunned her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou all of you lovely mothers! I just want to know how to react when I tell my mother.. I however have been with my DP for three years, both have full time jobs and have bought a house together.. So as you can see its quite different to what you all THINK may happen

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also see the positive in the fact that now my child will get to spend many more years with her grandparents and great grands! Something I wish I had everyday

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rosengold111 For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (29-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (29-07-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Honestly, Id be disappointed because sometimes I wish I didnt get pregnant so young, but at the same time Id be supportive and keep my opinions to myself. (at least I hope I would)

I was 19 when I got pregnant. Was TERRIFIED to tell my dad. He was the last person I told....the absolute last....the check out chick at our local shop knew before him (not really, but it makes my point ) When I finally told him his reaction was ".....I dont know what to say, but I know that Im happy". Hopefully your parents will be happy for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be completely supportive and try to help her as much as I could. I was 20 when DH and I fell pregnant with DD, only 2 years older, so it would be hypocritical of me to be disappointed.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2EandR For This Useful Post:

rosengold111  (29-07-2012)