+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How would you react if your daughter were 18 & Preg?

I'd support my daughter in what ever way I could. I have two daughters and a step daughter. I love them. I'd be there for them. Being a young mum is tough. Being a young mum with no family support is a recipe for disaster in many cases.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How would you react if your daughter were 18 & Preg?

I would support my daughter 110%!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Not going to financially support another child? Your own grandchild? Wow again.
    You would never forgive her for aborting, yet you'd make keeping the baby near impossible. That's pretty rough LMF.
    It sounds rough I guess but I learned a lot from my mom and unfortunetly she had to learn the hard way not to hand her children everything they want once they are adults they need to support themselves. I saw my sister take advantage of my mother over and over and over but my mom loves us and will support us no matter what so my sister took that and ran with it. My mother had to work damn hard for her money, she did it alone with no CS no welfare no nothing and she had to learn tough love and to say no I wont support you and your children you had them you have to raise them. It was hard for her to do because she does love us but I think it is the right thing to do, she learned it after being 100,000s dollars worse off I learned it and wont be in that position.

My children know all about welfare and why they dont want to get involved in it unless they have too no other options. I am proud that my children believe in working and paying their own way I have heard too many times in my short time here teens saying "its ok if I get pregnant Ill get centrelink and child support" my kids dont see that as an option and it makes me proud.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Funnily enough my dad seemed a lot more uncomfortable with us getting pregnant a second time at 23 than accidentally at 20. I think maayybbbeeee he thought I was still his baby and could deal with me "getting pregnant young", but not so much as me being a "mum of two".

Even I think when did I became an adult?!?! Much less a mother of a child starting school next year?! How did this happen?

Damn you time. You just don't stop do ya.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Super Trooper  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    It sounds rough I guess but I learned a lot from my mom and unfortunetly she had to learn the hard way not to hand her children everything they want once they are adults they need to support themselves. I saw my sister take advantage of my mother over and over and over but my mom loves us and will support us no matter what so my sister took that and ran with it. My mother had to work damn hard for her money, she did it alone with no CS no welfare no nothing and she had to learn tough love and to say no I wont support you and your children you had them you have to raise them. It was hard for her to do because she does love us but I think it is the right thing to do, she learned it after being 100,000s dollars worse off I learned it and wont be in that position.

My children know all about welfare and why they dont want to get involved in it unless they have too no other options. I am proud that my children believe in working and paying their own way I have heard too many times in my short time here teens saying "its ok if I get pregnant Ill get centrelink and child support" my kids dont see that as an option and it makes me proud.
    Do they really know all about it? Or have they just had your views forced upon them as the 'right' ones?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (07-02-2013),~ElectricPink~  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I've never heard a teenager say that tbh.

I hope your kids know Australia doesn't have "welfare"! My children are also being raised to earn their own money but that doesn't mean I wouldn't help them in an exceptional circumstance like a teen pregnancy. I think if I told my kids that if they got pregnant they'd get no financial help from me, and if they had an abortion I'd never forgive them, and I wouldn't allow them to claim child support and parenting payments etc, my fear would be that if one of the, did fall pregnant, they'd either run away or abort without telling me.

I'm not saying you should let your children take advantage of you, but it does come across as very hard hearted to say you wouldn't help them at all. What if your daughter were raped? Would the "no abortion, no financial help" stance still be in place?
    Last edited by Atropos; 07-02-2013 at 20:04.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (07-02-2013),~ElectricPink~  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Well no I cant make her but if she cant raise a child on her own then what are her other options? If she had an abortion I dont think I could ever forgive her. I really dont. I am not going to financially support another child, and she is against welfare too so if she really needed it then I am sure she would get on to get on her feet but I would hope she sticks to her beliefs that its not an option long term.
    I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of parents would do absolutely anything they had to in order to keep their child fed, healthy, well, cared for.

I hope it never comes up for you and your children but really if my options were abort, adopt, or accept welfare I know what I'm taking.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of parents would do absolutely anything they had to in order to keep their child fed, healthy, well, cared for.

I hope it never comes up for you and your children but really if my options were abort, adopt, or accept welfare I know what I'm taking.

Same here

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (07-02-2013)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Only 2?! There are heaps haha
    Lol well I only knew three teenage mothers out of my friends in high school so 2 out of 3 is pretty high

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm just going to keep thanking your posts Atropos. You're saving me typing haha