+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How would you react if your daughter were 18 & Preg?

Very interesting read here's my twenty cents worth:

My mum fell preg with me at 19 accidentally, she left school at 16 to go to nursing school (which was a bit like doing a live in apprenticeship back then) so was completely independent. My grandparents threatened to drive off the Jetty when they found out as they were completely religious and couldn't believe she was preg out of wedlock rather than worried about her age. They forced my parents to get married which ended when I was 2 as my father was abusive. My grandparents have chilled out a lot since then and have been wonderful my entire life. My mum always said to me that she never once regretted having me young as she and I are so close but she wanted me to travel and enjoy my career before settling down if that is what I wanted. I was way too immature at 18 to be ready personally but I know if I was mum would have stood right by my side. I will say the same to my girls (if I have them), "if u want to study and travel a lot, maybe try to do it straight out of school but if family is what you want at 18, ill b right there by ur side"
    Last edited by ChannyV; 07-02-2013 at 15:23.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

rosengold111  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    They admit they're so young?! Wah when I admitted how young I was when I first came here I was condemned.
    Yes a lot of people say their age and personally I would never comment as it is their journey and not up to me to jusge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

They admit they're so young?! Wah when I admitted how young I was when I first came here I was condemned.
    Condemned? But why?!!

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I guess a couple years ago there were a lot more mean/judgmental posters than what there is now lol.
    Anyway depending on the person, being a young parent isn't always bad. For other people who were out partying and fell pregnant on a fling well.. That might be a lot harder for them (from what I've seen with my friends)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to αληθη For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have no idea how I would react TBH. At 18, she is legally an adult now, but in hindsight 18 is still so young.

I had my first child at 15, could not ever imagine how it would feel if one of my girls came home at this age pregnant..

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How would you react if your daughter were 18 & Preg?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I would be upset honestly because I have told her time and time again to not do what I did and have children at 18. She has so much she can do and live life travel, finish school etc and a baby makes that much more difficult. I have told her that welfare isnt an option that she would then have to get a job and not be able to do all the fun things she could have without a child. I also let her know that there is no option for forced child support that the father can walk off and she would have to do it on her own and she agrees that forcing child support is not ok and knows what she would have to do to avoid that. I also told her that even if she hates the guy she could very well be stuck dealing with him for 18 years if he wants to be involved in the child life. Thank god she doesnt want kids into late 20s hope it stays that way.

I also would support her and love her and make sure she had what she needed for the baby of course but I would be very disappointed because I hope she will learn from my mistakes, and how hard it was for me to get to where I am with children.

If she was under 18 it would go up for adoption if she couldnt support it herself with the above statements. We dont believe in abortions so that is where adoption came up.
    Wow, you can't make your daughter give HER child up for adoption.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (07-02-2013),HarvestMoon  (07-02-2013),~ElectricPink~  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Ohhhh I know two mothers who do that who I went to high school with. *shakes head* Ill just party at home with my bub instead hehe.
    I also understand what you said about being the grandparent and not babysitting often - my dad refuses to and my mum lives too far away so I don't have that option either. Makes you really think seriously about what you're going to do.
    Only 2?! There are heaps haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Or stop her from claiming welfare if that's what she wants.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    100% agree, even being under 18 and not an adult you can't make her give up the baby if that's not what she wants!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mum2mj For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I would be shocked and surprised and probably a bit disappointed BUT would support a daughter in anything that happened in her life. And support any decisions she were to make.