+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It would be all good. Id take her to work with me lol. My job is to support teenage mums. At 18, if she had finished highshool or some tafe, I would be less concerned. Statistically, she would be less likely to struggle to find employment, get into further training, receive a semi decent income. I certainly wouldnt send her out to work if she didn't want to and it wasn't in her best interests to do so. That's a great way to miss time learning to be a parent and get stuck in a dead end job. Much better to spend time Bonding with and raising her child and focus on planning for her future.. whether it be undertaking training or study part time, full time
    Or simply being a mum for a few years..
    Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

BrAins  (29-07-2012),jagamoe  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I support and love every member of my family no matter what, even if I don't like the situation. My daughter and grandchild are not exempt from that support.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (26-01-2014),Cleigh  (17-08-2012),giggle berry  (29-07-2012),KaraB  (26-01-2014),mrswhitehouse  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    TBH i'd hope she wanted to keep the baby as I don't agree with abortion and I would be 100% supportive of her, and help her raise the child. I'd hope she wanted to study part time or something but at the same time, I'd probably prefer she stay home with a baby rather than work full time. The main thing I'd hope for HER is that she felt ready and had a supportive partner, but if not I'd be happy for her to live with us or whatever she needed to do before she got herself sorted.

I don't see 18 as THAT young to be honest, I have a few friends who had their first child at that age, and my partner was 18 when I got pregnant. It's not really a huge deal.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

rosengold111  (29-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I had dd at 19 so I think it would be very hypocritical of me to be anything but supportive.

I'm now 28, I have a secure well paying job, dd and ds are happy and healthy and am utd with number 3 and I have a loving and supporting partner.

Life hasn't always been easy but I wouldn't change any of it.

I don't think I've done too badly being a young mum.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cluckcluck For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As I was 17 when I had my first dd and had all the support in the world from my parents I would offer the same to my daughter/s if it were to happen!! I would be a hypocrite if I didn't!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jemma87 For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Total love and support in every way to enable her to keep her child or place it for adoption, although I would offer to raise the baby myself in that instance.

I would do everything in my power to not make abortion an option. I could not be supportive of that choice and while i would still love her unconditionally and she would always be welcome to live with me, i would be devastated and shattered if she went ahead with an abortion.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RainbowSky For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (29-07-2012),Annabella  (29-07-2012),babylove81  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest I think at first I would be upset however I would 100% support her.
    If she choose to keep the baby I would allow them to live here and I would encourage her to be a sahm for a while. However there would come a point (maybe when baby was 12 - 24months) that I would be encouraging her to get a part-time job, go to uni/tafe etc. and start to get the financial/career side of her life in order and I/DH would help her to do that as best we could.
    *All of the above is assuming my daughter accidentally falls pregnant and isnt living with the father and/or is a single mother.
    Ideally she would have a loving partner and while being young and needing some additional support they could go on to become a happy little family.

Oh and it goes without saying if she kept the baby I would love it unconditionally just like I love my daughter unconditionally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First off, I would give her HUGE hug. It would take a lot of guts to tell your parents something so massive.

I would be really supportive and help her with everything and anything. I would probably more encourage her to keep the baby, but if she wanted to terminate I would be there too. In a simple phrase, I would respect her.

I'd encourage her to take responsibility in every way possible of course, even if she did need to apply for some welfare to do so. I wouldn't expect her to go to work fulltime that's for sure, and I wouldn't encourage it either. When the baby grows up a bit, maybe toddler, I would support her if she wanted to work part-time.

I would only babysit when she needs me to. I would refuse to babysit if she just wanted to go out and party, which is likely at that age. She would have given up her right to be a kid when she became a mum. If you want to be treated like an adult and do adult things, then you have to act like one.

I would be super supportive emotionally and watch out for her mental well-being, especially at that age when she's just out of school and her friends would be making very different plans (travel, uni, work....)

As long as she is leading a respectable lifestyle, I would have no problem with it.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LollyLu For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (29-07-2012),roz2288  (29-07-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be stoked for her! I thought I'd like for her to have waited longer but then I realised that there was nothing between 18 and 24 (the age I was when I fell pregnant with DS) that would justify waiting longer lmao.

Everything major that I've done, I've achieved after DS came along because he was the motivation I needed to push me. So I'd be pretty stoked for my daughter rather than worried about her age.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (29-07-2012),share a book  (29-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice to know there are so many loving mothers out there! My mum said straight up she would kick me out if I got UTD while living at home. And if I was under 16 mum and dad would charge the man with statutory rape.

I however would agree with most of you with that I would support my daughter (if I'm ever blessed with one) make sure she knows all her options and makes an informed decision. I would also do the same if my son got anyone pregnant.

ETA: I most definitely would not babysit so they could have a boozy weekend but would babysit if they wanted to study or work.
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 29-07-2012 at 14:23.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (26-01-2014)