+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How would you react if your daughter were 18 & Preg?

Quote Originally Posted by ck2b View Post
    I would be devastated and wonder what I had done wrong as a mum to have daughter with no aspirations for her life. Of course I'd support her as that what mums do, but I would be truly heartbroken. It's my one biggest fears, having a DD who is so beautiful people stop me on the street.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub
    You're not serious surely? Why does falling pregnant = no aspirations? Here I was thinking it was a possibility when a woman (or young woman?) has sex. More likely to happen if no contraception is used obviously. you have sex and the result is either pregnant or not pregnant, nothing to do with goals, aspirations for life etc etc

2. The Following User Says Thank You to peasmum For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I would be devastated and wonder what I had done wrong as a mum to have daughter with no aspirations for her life. Of course I'd support her as that what mums do, but I would be truly heartbroken. It's my one biggest fears, having a DD who is so beautiful people stop me on the street.

Just because you have a bub (at any age) doesn't mean you don't have aspirations.

My dd is very beautiful and we often got stopped by people and she always looked older. This hasn't stop her getting to uni and getting honours in all her classes.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I had my dd young was pregnant with her at 18. Just because I was young doesn't mean I had no inspiration I probably have more now than I did before she was here cause I can't just think of myself. As for me I actually am now in a better position than my friends that have that have no children

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wantmore For This Useful Post:

rosengold111  (17-08-2012),~ElectricPink~  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Tbh at first I would be really disappointed and upset but I know I would get over it. I will always love my daughter no matter what and I will always support the decisions she makes even if I dont agree with them or think they are the best decisions. That's the way my mum has always been to me and that's how I will be with my kids.

I am very sorry for your loss xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: How would you react if your daughter were 18 & Preg?

I guess when I think aspirations I think of the life I led. From being a lifeguard in the states at 20, to being in charge of a hospital in the African desert at 30. I think big in my goals and hope my kids do to. I don't judge others whose aspirations aren't what mine where but for me and what I was taught from my parents, a child at 18 would mean an end to any big aspirations. No offense to anyone..I didn't keep a pregnancy at 15 for just these reasons. Children impact immensely on where life takes you, and depending on where you want to go is how much it will impact. For me and my children and what's normal for my family, a child that young would but an end to that. I'm not going to apologize for it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Just because you have a bub (at any age) doesn't mean you don't have aspirations.

My dd is very beautiful and we often got stopped by people and she always looked older. This hasn't stop her getting to uni and getting honours in all her classes.
    I didn't mean looks had anything to do with aspirations...I meant an attractive girl is more likely to have guys chasing her. DH is always trying to come up with ways to make her ugly..LOL.

Last edited by CleverClogs; 17-08-2012 at 18:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would support them but privately I know I would be gutted. I know lots of people do things differently but for me the freedom I had in my 20's was amazing. I will be encouraging my kids to get an education, travel and be carefree for a while. If they choose not to then that's fine too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree with you, I look back on my life and I wouldn't have been able to achieve even half of what I have done if I had of had children young. I know this, because I have children now and get nothing done;-) I'd be very upset if my kids had kids when they were still kids. It doesn't mean I wouldn't love them, but I would be so upset.

I guess when I think aspirations I think of the life I led. From being a lifeguard in the states at 20, to being in charge of a hospital in the African desert at 30. I think big in my goals and hope my kids do to. I don't judge others whose aspirations aren't what mine where but for me and what I was taught from my parents, a child at 18 would mean an end to any big aspirations. No offense to anyone..I didn't keep a pregnancy at 15 for just these reasons. Children impact immensely on where life takes you, and depending on where you want to go is how much it will impact. For me and my children and what's normal for my family, a child that young would but an end to that. I'm not going to apologize for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I didn't mean looks had anything to do with aspirations...I meant an attractive girl is more likely to have guys chasing her. DH is always trying to come up with ways to make her ugly..LOL.

Umm well she does have guys chasing her but that is no burden to her either. She is smart and runs her life her way. She has no plans of letting any guy stop her from her goals of finishing uni here and studying overseas and eventually working over there with the people she has a real passion for.
    Her beauty will only be a burden to her if you teach her it will be.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Umm well she does have guys chasing her but that is no burden to her either. She is smart and runs her life her way. She has no plans of letting any guy stop her from her goals of finishing uni here and studying overseas and eventually working over there with the people she has a real passion for.
    Her beauty will only be a burden to her if you teach her it will be.
    And that's great, and if she had a child st 18 it'd put and end to all that. I always day you can never get your youth back and what youth gives you, but you can wait to have children. I also live by the motto... I want to have the most interesting stories to tell in the nursing home and so far, I'm doing alright. And I have two beautiful kids and another on the way. I feel extremely blessed.