+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How would you react if your daughter were 18 & Preg?

It depends on the situation.. If she was in a relationship, was mature, had finished school etc I would be a lot happier than if she had had a one night stand! I would obviously support her 100% in her decision. I had many friends have babies at 18... Some saved their lives (were heading down wrong paths etc)
    16 however... Would b a different story

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkIsTheNewBlack For This Useful Post:

rosengold111  (14-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear about your m/c but you sound mature enough given your decision to wait a while now. I would like to think I would be tolerant and understanding and not treat my daughter like a child if this situation arose (and I actually had a daughter). My mother would definitely not have done that.

You can't change it after the fact and yelling or not supporting her would do no good. I would hope that I had educated my daughter sufficiently about pg, birth and babies before this time though so that she understood the full depth of what she was getting into and how she would need to work to support the child after the 12 months mat leave expired.

But, hey, it's all hypothetical and emotions come into play. Who really knows how they would react until it happens?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HOMS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahpez View Post
    Oh crap, sorry about your mc. Only just saw that after posting
    It's okay I'm okay with it Life goes on
    congrats in your bub! I think that your age is te perfect age for a child. As most people on here have said, parents usually as disappointed you didn't live out their dream for you rather than dissapointed IN you. Congrats!

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews

I would fully support her. At 18 she is an adult anyway. I think I would support her even if she were 14. Any younger than that I'd probably be pretty annoyed. But in the end it's your daughter and I've had friends that have been judged by people for being preg at 21, as well as 16 (not their parents in either case.) The 16 year old is a fantastic mum

ETA: I'm sorry for your loss babe xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to missybubble For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If my 18yo were pregnant I would be very careful in my discussions with her so that my biasses didn't influence her at all. She knows that I personally would never abort a child as it would destroy me, but that I understand it is the right decision for other people.

Hidden in my heart would be the hope that she would embrace the child and choose to be its mother. But I suspect that option is unlikely.

If she were to choose to terminate then I would do my best to support her, even if this involves allowing her to choose not to talk to me about it.

If she chooses to give the baby up for adoption, then again I would support her decision and do my best to ensure she has adequate counselling.

If she chooses to allow me to raise the baby, then I would accept the child into my home and heart, and allow for the possibility that at some later child she may wish to resume the role of mother to this child.

If she chooses to keep the child, then I would provide practical and physical support in whatever manner she was prepared to accept.

=========

At 16yo she said if she unexpectedly fell pregnant when she was not prepared to have a child, she would want to give the baby up for adoption so that it would loved by a couple that dearly wanted a child. Of course her thoughts and feelings may be different if she found herself in that position.

Thanks
    Reviews

I would be so disappointed but support her through it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: How would you react if your daughter were 18 & Preg?

I would be devastated and wonder what I had done wrong as a mum to have daughter with no aspirations for her life. Of course I'd support her as that what mums do, but I would be truly heartbroken. It's my one biggest fears, having a DD who is so beautiful people stop me on the street.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ck2b View Post
    I would be devastated and wonder what I had done wrong as a mum to have daughter with no aspirations for her life.

Wow, bit harsh
    I had my first bub at 18 but it certainly didn't mean I had no aspirations in life nor did it stop me from doing them

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StormAngel For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (17-08-2012),rosengold111  (17-08-2012),VanityFey  (05-02-2013),~ElectricPink~  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

I would be devastated and wonder what I had done wrong as a mum to have daughter with no aspirations for her life. Of course I'd support her as that what mums do, but I would be truly heartbroken. It's my one biggest fears, having a DD who is so beautiful people stop me on the street.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Wow.