+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I breastfed but had bottles for expressed milk when needed. I recommend buying a few different ones, we had to try a few before we found one dd liked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loumia View Post
    I highly recommend the Avent bottles. Buy the 240 ml bottles as i find the small bottles don't last longer than a few weeks when bub will be wanting more than 120ml.
    Start off with the number 1 teat then move to a number 2 when bubs starts getting frustrated with the milk flow & wants the milk faster. I found this to be after a few weeks, but every baby is different. The teat packets have a guide on them as to what age the teats are recommended for.

As for the sterillizer, i use the Avent electric one, it's brilliant & really simple to use, you can even sterillize breast pumps in it, it's a bit pricey though. I've used the cheap microwave sterillizers as well, & found them to be really good too.

Being a first time mum can be really scary, especially with all the product choice out there, but personally, i have found you only need about a quarter of what they are selling, just get the basics & if you find you need something else, get it then. There is a list on bubhub that gives you an idea of what you need. As for brands, it's just a matter of trial & error really. Everyone has different preferences.

Good luck & i'm sure you will be a fantastic new mummy
    This is great advice and exactly what I did! I bought a sterilizer and am now on my 2nd as the first packed up just after no. 2 was born. You don't really have to use one, but I make sure all bottles are soapy scrubbed first, and then packed into the sterilizer before I go to bed (after the last feed) and switched on, so it's all ready to go for the new bottles in the morning. DS started on 6 bottles and is now down to 5 a day. I make 5 every morning after his 1st feed, so I have 5 in the fridge to last us all day and the 1st feed the following morning 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use tommee tippee as I to was confused as a first time mum and a friend told me the closer to nature teats made it easier to combination feed. I had planned on breast feeding but we had great difficulty latching on so I combination feed for 6 weeks before moving on to formula and the tommee tippee bottles are great if your plan is to combination feed! They all say breast is best but don't put too much pressure on yourself, do what will work for both you and your baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also used the TTCTN bottles and managed to combine feed until I weaned DS at 9.5months. I found that DS had difficulty with the Avent style. I would only buy 1-2 to have on hand, if you do decide you wish to use formula you can always go and buy more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only bottles I could get DD to take were the MAM bottles and teats. We exclusively BF up until 7 months though so this made a bit of a difference to her taking a bottle.

Even now she won't take any other bottle or teat.