+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Night Time Nappy Dramas

Hi All! I have a 1.5 year old son who at night time drinks a lot of water and a bottle... However, as a result of his super thirst (not concerned at all about this, he's like me and I have always drunk a lot of fluids at night too) he consistently wets his nappy through to his PJs - its literally every night and driving me batty. I've noticed he sleeps on his belly now too, so the pressure seems to add to the amount of leakage.

We use huggies, I haven't tried any other nappies because I've always thought these were meant to be the strongest. For the past month or two we've even been putting 2 on him! The first one I will cut a precision slice (not whilst on him obviously haha) and then the second goes on top, he still leaks through though!!!!!!!!! I've been changing him about 2am, but this wakes the poor little guy up too much and I would like to avoid this of possible.

Any suggestions out there? Really not looking forward to potty training eeek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There's a thread dissing Huggies because they have changed. Maybe try babylove, that was the general consensus of that thread!

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have the same problem. I just got the new baby love dry wave ones and he still leaked last night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Wise Enough, I'll have a read. I'd noticed Huggies had changed, but this has been happening prior to that too

Myztik how frustrating is it?!? I feel so sorry for the little guy, every night feeling damp through to your clothes would be an awful way to feel. I read just now that of you go up one size and use that as the second nappy it should help. Am doing food shopping this arvo, might grab a small pack of everrryyy brand and an extra big huggies size - fingers crossed

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BusyMumma For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    Exact same thing was happening to my 21 month old DS. We tried bigger sizes, diff brands etc. He was wetting right through PJs, sleeping bag and onto sheet. He was waking every night because he was wet. He is a tummy sleeper so not sure if that was making him wet too? My little boy also drinks stacks of water.

My MIL found Huggies overnight Nappies on catch of the day. They are brilliant! Haven't leaked since.

Haven't been able to find them in any Australian shops. eBay and Fishpond have them from the US. They are definitely worth it!

Good luck. I hope you find something to stop the leaking. I know the pain of having to re-dress a bub overnight and then wash all the sleeping stuff everyday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bg14, thank you soooo much I will be ordering some definitely!! Woohoo!! The things that you get excited about as a parent hey? Haha

My April Fools baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh I'm going to look into those too!!

We co sleep and I'm sick of washing the bed sheets every day! Will need a new mattress too :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad I could help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mmm was just looking on fishpond at those nappies and came across some other Huggies nappies in a box of 168 for only $55 plus free shipping as with everything on fishpond, does anyone know if they are the same as the normal Huggies nappies that we have here in aus, as these ones were boxed differently and coming from USA but same brand?
    Last edited by millsmum; 29-07-2012 at 22:08.

My April Fools baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just ordered some overnight ones from fishpond. Hopefully they don't take too long to get here.