Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is there anyone else could tell me how long this will last

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think by memory I only had 5 or so days of spotting after that massive bleed. If u are worried about how long it's continuing in for u can get the dr to check ur hcg level or even just do a hpt to make sure ur hcg is decreasing or gone. With a natural miscarriage and the reason why mine was such a big mess is I had bled at 6 weeks exactly and thought it was over. Unfortunately I hadn't passed it all and I continued to spot until I had that conformation around 10weeks that the pregnancy wasn't viable.

After the bleed at 6 weeks I did a couple of hpts as we were wanting a baby and wanted to get started. The line started to fade fast but about a week later i was still spotting my boobs got sore again and and I knew something was wrong. I did a hpt and it was dark again. Off to the dr I went. Bloods confirmed my hcg had indeed gone up. We had dtd unprotected thinking I couldn't get pregnant. Dr said it's very unlikely but nothing is impossible so we monitored it incase by some miracle I had fallen pregnant again.

I hadn't the pregnancy was never located ended up with a methotrexate injection and yep the night before the injection I had the massive bleed but the dr didn't want to risk that I had passed it all.

I hope ur bleeding stops soon and u can move on and start trying again soon. I don't like to freak anyone out by my story but if u r worried just test and put ur mind at ease. Miscarriage is hard enough as it is without other stuff to stress over. If ur hcg is going down ur bleeding should stop soon everyone's body is different so it's hard to tell how ur own will respond to something like this.

Big hugs again I am sorry for ur loss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should add to the bleed at 6 weeks wasn't far off the one at 10weeks lots of clots not as big but lots of them and it was extremely painful with the cramps and the back pain. I really thought with all that bleeding I had to of passed it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou. I did a test last night and it is lighter was same colour as at 5 weeks. I did a test at 5w3d and it was darker than this one. So i guess it is dropping and should go
    In about a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry it's still dragging on for you - I hope it is over soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    I'm sorry it's still dragging on for you - I hope it is over soon.
    How are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw the OB and had another U/S this morning. The pregnancy sac is still there and hasn't moved or changed at all since last week and my HCG is dropping slowly, so I've decided to get a D&C done tomorrow - didn't want this going on for who knows how many weeks more. I'm a little bit nervous, but also kind of relieved - just want my body back, now.

How is today treating you? Have you had to go back to work this week?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I passed the sac yesterday. We placed it in our yard under tree. Still bleeding a fair bit though. I will probably go to work on thursday. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    I saw the OB and had another U/S this morning. The pregnancy sac is still there and hasn't moved or changed at all since last week and my HCG is dropping slowly, so I've decided to get a D&C done tomorrow - didn't want this going on for who knows how many weeks more. I'm a little bit nervous, but also kind of relieved - just want my body back, now.

How is today treating you? Have you had to go back to work this week?
    Thinking of you today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, Kazza. I've been thinking about you today, too. The nurses were lovely - those of you who go into nursing seem to be such caring people - and they made me wonder about how you're getting on now the sac has passed. Planting it under a tree is a lovely gesture - you're lucky to have a partner who understands the importance of it for you.

I'm actually feeling really good, both physically and mentally. Will still bleed for a few days, but it is just like a period rather than the clumps and clots of before. Rather than feeling upset all over again, I actually feel relieved and I feel like me again. Surprisingly, I even feel optimistic about TTC. Being an engineer and liking certainty, I think today's D&C has actually been very cathartic for me. DH was really good - stayed with me and didn't flinch at the yucky bits (including an introduction to feminine hygiene...)

How are you feeling now, both physically and mentally? I hope both are starting to heal. You have been amazingly strong so far - I'm really impressed with how you've dealt with this.
    Last edited by Gentoo; 08-08-2012 at 23:26.