+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Your miscarriage at 6 weeks?

I dont want to upset anyone or bring up the past, but just wondering if anyone can tell me what your mc was like when the foetus was the size of 6 weeks. I started bleedind red and brown blood on wed (now sunday) it has only been a few drops a small clots every time I to toilet for wee or bowels cos i am bending over. In between toilet there had bern nothing on pads. Saturday( yesterday I just had slight cramps on and off. I guess like the pain of growing uterus when still preg.
    Has anyones been like this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With both my miscarriages they had stopped growing at 6 weeks.. First was missed til the nt at 12 weeks so I had a d&c the second I waited to do it 'naturally' which I now wish I'd had a d&c for (I waited until 11 weeks for it to happen). So I can't really tell you what it'll be like to have an actual miscarriage at 6 weeks but I can offer you my thoughts and say I'm so sorry for your loss and hope you get all the support you need. Xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenemi View Post
    With both my miscarriages they had stopped growing at 6 weeks.. First was missed til the nt at 12 weeks so I had a d&c the second I waited to do it 'naturally' which I now wish I'd had a d&c for (I waited until 11 weeks for it to happen). So I can't really tell you what it'll be like to have an actual miscarriage at 6 weeks but I can offer you my thoughts and say I'm so sorry for your loss and hope you get all the support you need. Xox
    Your second mc , even though your were officially 11weeks the foetus would have only been size of 6 weeks so I thought that was the same as 6 week mc. My baby had a heartbeat from week 6 to 9 and week 9 it died but did not grow in that 3 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kazza, firstly I am so sorry for your loss.It is a horrible experience for any woman to go through.regardless of how far along they are. I had a missed mc at 8.5 weeks but foetus only grew to 6 weeks. When I expelled the foetus, I knew what it was as (sorry if tmi) it had a different appearance to the little red clots. It was few cm in length with some grey like tissue along with pink and red tissue. I could actually make out the shape from pictures I had seen. My bleeding started a week before the mc and went from pink to red. The actual period like cramps occured on the day of the mc and at its most intense I knew it was almost the end. Once the baby passed I felt immense physical relief so thats how I knew my body had done what it needed to do. I would recommend you book an u/s to check yor uterus is clear to ensure no remaining matter. All the best hun, I hope you fall again soon and have a beautiful healthy bub x

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Last edited by Rileyrose; 29-07-2012 at 09:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    Your second mc , even though your were officially 11weeks the foetus would have only been size of 6 weeks so I thought that was the same as 6 week mc. My baby had a heartbeat from week 6 to 9 and week 9 it died but did not grow in that 3 weeks
    I'm not entirely sure what was going on in there tbh! All I know is because it was early the dr said its be like a heavy period - in reality it took 3 days and I lost so much blood I fainted on the way to the loo and should have called an ambulance according to the dr afterwards hmm. I lost the placenta on the first night (clots) then the second night I passed lots of blood then the actual baby it was about the size of my thumb. I had contractions and it was just an awful experience for me (my dh didn't bother getting out of bed to help me and went to work whilst I was scrubbing the blood from the mattress) so that is why I wish I'd had a d&c.. But I think something was very wrong and wish the doctors had listened.. I just didn't want to scare you sorry! Make sure the doctors listen to you and don't be afraid to take help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenemi View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what was going on in there tbh! All I know is because it was early the dr said its be like a heavy period - in reality it took 3 days and I lost so much blood I fainted on the way to the loo and should have called an ambulance according to the dr afterwards hmm. I lost the placenta on the first night (clots) then the second night I passed lots of blood then the actual baby it was about the size of my thumb. I had contractions and it was just an awful experience for me (my dh didn't bother getting out of bed to help me and went to work whilst I was scrubbing the blood from the mattress) so that is why I wish I'd had a d&c.. But I think something was very wrong and wish the doctors had listened.. I just didn't want to scare you sorry! Make sure the doctors listen to you and don't be afraid to take help.
    Im sorry to hear that. That must have been sad. I would say that if the foetus was as big as your thumb then it was the size of 11 weeks. Anyway I hope you got over it emotionally in time. I have stopped crying now. And dh had a big cry last night

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I miscarried at 6 weeks and the whole thing took about 10 days. It started with brown spotting for two days, very heavy bleeding for a few days and then period-like bleeding for roughly a week following. During the heavy bleeding, I lost a lot of large fleshy parts that were grey and red. We saved them and planted them in our peace lily, because it felt wrong to flush away.

At one point during the heavy bleeding part, my DH took me to hospital because I was so dizzy and they rushed me through because my blood pressure was so low. I was in a lot of pain too, much worse than period pain.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou. Anybody else wish to share to help me through it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have had 3 miscarriages and 2 of them would have been around the 6 weeks mark. These ones were like a very painful period, the most painful I have ever had, and they finished quickly. I had a little bleeding to start and then the cramping became painful, I was doubled over, and passed tissue into the toilet and the cramps stopped with light bleeding for a few days.

From the start of the cramps to the tissue passing it would have been a couple of hours.

The 3rd miscarriage was different and took a couple of weeks and even then had to be helped along by the OB as my cervix did not open enough for the tissue to pass by itself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by louellyn View Post
    I have had 3 miscarriages and 2 of them would have been around the 6 weeks mark. These ones were like a very painful period, the most painful I have ever had, and they finished quickly. I had a little bleeding to start and then the cramping became painful, I was doubled over, and passed tissue into the toilet and the cramps stopped with light bleeding for a few days.

From the start of the cramps to the tissue passing it would have been a couple of hours.

The 3rd miscarriage was different and took a couple of weeks and even then had to be helped along by the OB as my cervix did not open enough for the tissue to pass by itself.
    Thankyou for sharing