+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Just to clarify, the $1700/fn is what you can earn before it cuts off fully. I think you can earn $120/fn before it affects payments by 40% but again they are estimates.
    You can earn $174.60 per fn if you have one child before you start losing PPS.
    You can earn a maximum of $1795.85/fn before you completely lose your PPS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    You can earn $174.60 per fn if you have one child before you start losing PPS.
    You can earn a maximum of $1795.85/fn before you completely lose your PPS.
    Is that for 1 child?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Is that for 1 child?
    From CL website

"For maximum payment, your income must be no more than $174.60, plus $24.60 for each additional child, per fortnight. Income over this amount reduces your payment by 40 cents in the dollar.

A part payment may be available if your income is less than $1795.85, plus $24.60 for each additional child, per fortnight (or possibly a higher figure if you are eligible for Pharmaceutical Allowance)."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Maia For This Useful Post:

share a book  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Is that for 1 child?
    Yes.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    PPS $648 a fortnight
    FTB and RA $280 a fortnight.
    I am supposed to receive CS of $175 a week but ex doesn't pay it often, that's why other payments are reduced.
    I pay $215 a week in rent for 2 bedroom place. I bought my car outright when I was living with parents and saving after separation so am only up for petrol, rego and maintenance costs.
    Child care is $85 a day. I get 100% CCB and CCR which takes it down to about $24 a day and child is in 2 days a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh im so sorry, i didnt realise you had separated from your husband

im a single mum of 2 but might be able to help..

How do you afford it?.. Seriously?
    i really do struggle as i have a lot of debt too. i am currently living with my parents because i cant afford to rent anywhere.

How much is single parents pension for 1 child?
    as others have said its just over 600 a fortnight but i think it gets reduced if you earn over a certain amount. you will still get ftb but the rate depends on your income and also any child support you receive. once you apply you have 90 days to contact csa and register for child support or they will reduce your ftb to the minimum amount.

How much is your rent & how many rooms do you have?
    currently at my parents but the place i am looking at is $300 a week for a 4x2. this is for low income earners though so not everyone can get this rate.

Can you afford a car?
    luckily i already owned a car prior to becoming single otherwise probably not. the upkeep is tough but i make it work because i need a car with a 2 yr old and 9 month old with lots of appointments

Do you work?
    nope. id have to put my kids in day care and its not something i want to do with them so young. plus with the day care fees/lost centrelink i wouldnt be much better off and id be losing prescious time with my kids

Do you get payments from FOB and what percentage of his wage is it and does it affect your payment?
    im supposed to get 500 a month for both kids. i have got one payment since november last year. cs will affect payments so best to have a look at the caluclator on clink website

Do you get rent assistance and what percentage of your rent is it?
    i would be entitled to some but it isnt a huge amount. it was about 90 a fortnight from memory

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbaboyandbump View Post
    oh im so sorry, i didnt realise you had separated from your husband

im a single mum of 2 but might be able to help..

How do you afford it?.. Seriously?
    i really do struggle as i have a lot of debt too. i am currently living with my parents because i cant afford to rent anywhere.

How much is single parents pension for 1 child?
    as others have said its just over 600 a fortnight but i think it gets reduced if you earn over a certain amount. you will still get ftb but the rate depends on your income and also any child support you receive. once you apply you have 90 days to contact csa and register for child support or they will reduce your ftb to the minimum amount.

How much is your rent & how many rooms do you have?
    currently at my parents but the place i am looking at is $300 a week for a 4x2. this is for low income earners though so not everyone can get this rate.

Can you afford a car?
    luckily i already owned a car prior to becoming single otherwise probably not. the upkeep is tough but i make it work because i need a car with a 2 yr old and 9 month old with lots of appointments

Do you work?
    nope. id have to put my kids in day care and its not something i want to do with them so young. plus with the day care fees/lost centrelink i wouldnt be much better off and id be losing prescious time with my kids

Do you get payments from FOB and what percentage of his wage is it and does it affect your payment?
    im supposed to get 500 a month for both kids. i have got one payment since november last year. cs will affect payments so best to have a look at the caluclator on clink website

Do you get rent assistance and what percentage of your rent is it?
    i would be entitled to some but it isnt a huge amount. it was about 90 a fortnight from memory
    Thank you.

We haven't separated yet.. We had an argument the other night. He said some really hurtful things & didn't appoligise/explain himself.

I dont think he has any respect for me & I highly doubt his 'love' for me.. He says he loves me but I don't believe you can love someone you think so poorly of.

I'd prefer to be alone then spend my life with someone who thinks those things of me.

Ive considered leaving before, but I've been 'convinced' that I couldn't afford it, & DD would miss out on alot/be disadvantaged, that I need to sacrifice my life for hers IYKWIM.

Just trying to get some hard facts so I know where I stand, & what exactly we will/won't have to go without.. & wether his financial stabity is worth what he says it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I get full PPS and FTB A+B

PPS - $654.70
    FTB A+B - $314.02

My CS estimate is $107.00 per month, FOB pays more when he can, but usually at least $160.00

I live at home, therefore don't receive rent assistance. I have a car, it's on finance - I've had it since before DD. It is tight, my DD is only 7 months old and I'm still adjusting, I can still afford small luxuries, we eat well.

You will work it out, whatever you end up deciding. Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    i would agree that there is no point being with someone with no respect for you. you need to do what ever will make you happy. while being a single parent is tough, you make it work for the sake of your kids and financially you get by. there are things i go without (getting my hair done, the gym, going out, take away etc) but my kids have everything they need and are happy. have a good long think about it but base your decision on what will make you happiest in the long run! if you wanted to chat feel free to pm me, i have been through all of this last year so understand how you are feeling xo

Quote Originally Posted by TheSudgestionator View Post
    Thank you.

We haven't separated yet.. We had an argument the other night. He said some really hurtful things & didn't appoligise/explain himself.

I dont think he has any respect for me & I highly doubt his 'love' for me.. He says he loves me but I don't believe you can love someone you think so poorly of.

I'd prefer to be alone then spend my life with someone who thinks those things of me.

Ive considered leaving before, but I've been 'convinced' that I couldn't afford it, & DD would miss out on alot/be disadvantaged, that I need to sacrifice my life for hers IYKWIM.

Just trying to get some hard facts so I know where I stand, & what exactly we will/won't have to go without.. & wether his financial stabity is worth what he says it is.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbaboyandbump For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Another thing I set up with centrelonk was centrepay where I paid my phone bill and electricity. I can no longer do that thoughbecause of my income as it varies Also paid my rent with it.

Using centrepay meant whatever went into my account was basically my budget for the fortnight for food and travel and whatever else came up like parties etc.

It's hard and I honestly never want to be on just PPS and FTB again as we live a much better life now without the financial strain we used to be on.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub