+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    .... I don't think I've ever said the c-word.hmmm except when trying to describe the c-word and it gets confused with the other c-word I can't say... which forces me to specify which c-word I'm referring to...

... but I really admire people (particularly girls... I kinda feel like men have no business using that word... hmm that's an odd belief I should look into. Lol) when they drop the c-word without looking like trashy bogans.I think it can be used really effectively by some people... like an exclamation mark in a sentence....

.... just... not by me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Wallflower  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am always shocked when I hear it in public because I don't use it and neither do any of my friends or family - it's just not part of our conversations. I don't have an issue with it, per se, just think that it sounds crass and a little harsh.

That said, I don't flinch at 'd*ck' but then I think that that has been more socially acceptable for longer - I am sure that 'see you Next Tuesday' will be more commonplace in a few more years.

I sound like a fuddy duddy lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Squishy115 For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use it. At home or around people who I know won't be offended. NEVER do I use it in public (well maybe unless I'm ****ed haha) and even then I don't use it that often. F@$k comes outta my mouth waaaaaaaaaay more often. Lol.

I think the two main reasons people don't like it are because it's a very blunt and harsh word and also because (as PP have said) its another word for vagina and i remember being taught from a very young age that we must never ever talk about our vaginas O.o

P.S. love the 'sheath'

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't shout it out in public for all to hear but I'm all for it when it's necessary. Like geez My ex is a c*nt! Hehe.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't say it in public either just wondered why it's so much worse than others lol I don't say any in public well I have sometimes lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSky View Post
    I have no idea. Its always mystified me too!

I dont swear as i hate it. I think the F word is just as bad yet it is definitely favoured over the C word.

Weird.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    This

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't really swear but do hate the C word. I tried to think why, and I think it's a few things...
    1. It's considered extremely vulgar so I'm not used to hearing it, whereas you hear d!ck all the time so I think we're somewhat desensitised to it - but when you hear the c word, because it's not often, it's really in your face.
    2. I also find its used in a more insulting/ride way than other swear words.
    3. D!ck, ****/***, c0ck etc don't only describe body parts, but have other meanings e.g. a name, donkey, rooster etc. the c word has only one meaning, a rude and vulgar nickname for a vag!na. Nothing else.
    4. At least to me, the c word has a negative connotation. I could talk about d!cks and c0cks in a non-negative way, eg a friend would tell me about some guy she's been with and refer to his pen!s as such, but I've never heard the c word used in a positive way. Whenever I've heard people referring to a vag!na is a positive manner it's vag!na or p#ssy, never the c word. So I guess it's also being conditioned to the c word as a bad word.

Wow, I don't think I've ever written so many swear words in my life!
    Last edited by jake's mum; 30-07-2012 at 20:52.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jake's mum For This Useful Post:

3InATub  (30-07-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jagamoe View Post
    I always get in trouble for staying the C word not a word used often but yer . Apparently its not lady like to which my response is "do I look f**cking lady like to you ?
    Should throw in the C word after that sentence for maximum point making

12. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Lumpy Melon  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jagamoe View Post
    I always get in trouble for staying the C word not a word used often but yer . Apparently its not lady like to which my response is "do I look f**cking lady like to you ?
    Just reminded me of this!

ImageUploadedByBub Hub1343646161.694406.jpg

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lumpy Melon For This Useful Post:

Wallflower  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to get hugely offended by it, but now I know a few people who say it occasionally (not in a malicious way) and read it in a book recently and it's grown on me I don't say it often but have used it on occasion.
    I would never say it in public though for fear of coming across as a bogan or offending people.

Although I think it really depends on HOW it's said... If you only hear people saying it really nastily of course it will have a negative association...