+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vomitting but no diarrhoea - your kid/s ever had it?

Sorry 'bout the charming topic folks but I'm hoping someone else will say their child has had this before.

DD is a robust girl of nearly 3 years without any food allergies and who eats just about everything. We've been lucky that she's only ever had gastro once before. But two days ago she had a couple of big spews in the afternoon & evening. The next day, however, she was perfectly normal. The day after that, though - today - she had a big spew after her bath. She had a loose BM this morning but not what I'd call diarrhoea. She hasn't had a fever either.

Anyone else's kid had mysterious vomitting like this? If she chucks tomorrow I'll take her to the doctor on Monday morning.

Oh, maybe it pays to mention she's going through a bit of a bum-scratching phase right now so I can't help but wonder if that might be the cause... Honestly, toddlers...
    Last edited by SeaShanty; 28-07-2012 at 20:47.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep my kids have done this. There was nothing except the vomiting. I cut out all dairy for 48 hours and just gave dry toast or bikkies with water. Cleared it right up.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bum scratching? Could she have worms?

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    could be constipation the loose stool she had could be over flow around the impacting stool and the bum scratching may be cause she can feel the stool stuck there, Or like posted above said maybe worms

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

Chazrity  (28-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, my kiddies tend to get vomiting-only tummy bugs.
    My DD2 seems to pick up every tummy bug going around (she was a refluxing baby) and only ever vomits. Earlier this year, she vomited on average once a week for almost two months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Worms - I didn't even think of that! Will definitely be heading to the chemist tomorrow to get some Combantrin to see if that helps. Otherwise I'm just glad my child isn't the only one who's had something like this (not that I want anyone's kids to be unwell - it's so awful for the poor little mites )