+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjk View Post
    Oh this is exciting - going to google all this now! So dies anyone recommend a particular brand for first use or are they all pretty much the same?
    Lots of people like different ones. I like Femmecups

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow before the tampon thread I had not even heard of these! I'm off to google an probably buy one now, they sound awesome

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    lol this was me about 3 years ago - I'd never heard of them until BH, bought a lunette cup online and would never go back!
    I agree that the best thing is that it doesn't 'dry you out' like tampons do, it feels so much healthier.
    It does take a bit of practice to get the insertion right, but they're totally worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Really I suppose you could only try one - maybe a cheapie? I know of one lady with a prolapse who swears it makes it a lot more comfortable as it offers some internal temporary support. I can probably link you with her on FB but I'll have to contact her first.
    That's good to hear. Maybe I will try one out, they sound awesome.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Mine didn't work for me kept leaking (would over flow within 30min-1hr) but I'm glad I tried it I k ow they have lots of benefits over pads/tampons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have used a keeper (which was rubber) years ago and I have used a diva cup (was about $30 online) ever since AF returned after son#2 who is nearly four. You don't need to boil them after each flow, just wash well. I have less problems with cups then I ever did with pads and tampons. I have heavy days which means I can get a few leaks and I use panty liners with mine (just like with tampons! Except the liners are cute washable ones.) and I have saved a fortune (important to me!) and it is better for the environment, less days of blood and less pains than with disposables. Sometimes things can go a bit astray but less problems than I had with pads and tampons which certainly weren't foolproof for me, just uncomfortable and expensive.Remember getting the hang of them as a teenager? I find disposable used pads and tampons much more distasteful than dealing with the cup.

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Ok, I have a question: I have a bladder prolapse (cystocele), so my bladder basically pushes into the vaginal wall on the front side, squashing the shape of my vagina. Would this affect the ability to use a menstrual cup?

Before I had my first baby (the reason for my cystocele), I hadn't heard of these cups. Since learning about them I'm really interested, but I'm worried that my prolapse will cause problems.

Anyone have experience with this?
    The MeLunas have three different softness options, so you would probably find one that suits there. I don't know if you'd need a stiffer one to make it pop out properly against the prolapse or a softer one so it's more comfortable, but there is some good info on their site. They are also relatively cheap to try out. I don't know about any other brands though, there migt be something better out there for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Savingfishfromdrowning View Post
    The MeLunas have three different softness options, so you would probably find one that suits there. I don't know if you'd need a stiffer one to make it pop out properly against the prolapse or a softer one so it's more comfortable, but there is some good info on their site. They are also relatively cheap to try out. I don't know about any other brands though, there migt be something better out there for you.
    Thanks, I'll look into that too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    changing to using a cup was the best think I have ever done.
    I have not had to buy tampons for almost a year now. I also find my cup so comfortable.
    I do have occasions where it takes time to get it in to the right spot, but once done, it can not be felt at all. No string either!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know any Australian sites I can buy these from?

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app