+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep you can swim with them, you can do pretty much any thing except have intercourse

I bought one for my sister when she was working as a tour guide, going out to Fraser and Moreton Island for days at a time, she loved me for it!!

If I'm out and need to empty I just wipe mine out with toilet paper or wipes (I got some special wipes with mine when I bought it) , but to be honest I have probably only doen this once or twice as don't have a heavy flowm and if I planned to go out somewhere for the day or night - I would usually do a quick loo run at home before I left.

I have a Lunette and bought it from the Australian Lunette website (they have a great 'folding techniques' vid on there too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I've rarely had to empty mine when out either but when i have i've just wiped it down with toilet paper. Some people take a bottle of water in the toilet with them. You could do that or buy wipes if you felt wiping down with toilet paper wasn't enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I love my MC

It doesn't dry the vagina out, it only collects menstral fluids, so the vagina still produces its own fluids and doesn't dry out - which means only an infinitesimal chance of contracting TSS

Flow only takes 3 or so days, not 6

I've only ever leaked maybe once and that's cause I was in a hurry and put it in skewif

I wipe it out with toilet paper if I need to empty it while I'm out, other wise just morning and night in the shower.

Theres no smell at all - the one reason I HATE pads

Greatly reduced to minimal pain

I don't need to panic about putting 'stuff' in the rubbish and also creating landfill

I don't need to buy pads and tampons monthly - a huuuuuuuuuge saving.

I have a Femmecup from a UK site as it meant I could donate one to a charity at the same time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am really liking the sound of these!!

Do any of you get squeamish about seeing the blood?

I'm not so good with that sort of thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Melon View Post
    I am really liking the sound of these!!

Do any of you get squeamish about seeing the blood?

I'm not so good with that sort of thing
    squeamish? - no.

Fascinated? -- yep!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

rainbow road  (28-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just seen online $62 for one is that really how much they cost or is that an expensive one.

I know the money would be easily recouped from not having to buy tampons but its alot to spend if i dont like it or its the wrong size etc

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used one for the two periods before I conceived this bub, honestly I wasn't too impressed. I think I need more practice but I had leakage issues. Probably my insertion technique.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would never go back!!! I have been swimming, horseriding, done crossfit, bootcamp, netball everything using my cup it makes life so easy!!! I have a mooncup from the uk

Thanks
    Reviews
    some fold methods -

http://www.lunette.com/au/index.php?id=1193

also some great info under the other tabs on this site

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

duckduckgoose  (28-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have one, but I still use tampons if I am at work on my heavy days as I find it really hard to insert correctly, and it leaks a lot for me. I was spending so much time in the bathrooms at work mucking around getting frustrated with it, tampons are just easier to whip out and put in for me.

I love the cup for night times and my lighter flow days though - just pop it in in the morning and forget about it until I come home at night!