+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    FF alone, my body, my choice. If my DP ever wants to breastfeed he can grow some boobs and do it himself lol
    Lol, this was how I felt about it too.

I did play up the benefits of bottlefeeding to him though to make him more comfortable with my feeding choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My decision but DP was completely supportive. He knew I BF as long as I could. I went 5.5 months longer with my second than I did with my first and both I stopped due to not being able to keep my weight on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We discussed it at length during the 3 months I breastfed DD. She wasn't gaining weight and was very unsettled, I was constantly feeding and pumping. When we discovered she had intolerances I tried to restrict my diet but it was all too much and DD just struggled to feed and gain weight. DH would have switched to the bottle a lot earlier if it was up to him but he wanted it to happen when I was ready. DD went on to a prescription formula and as soon as I saw how much happier and healthier she was I was finally able to accept it and move on without regret. Of course I wish it hadn't gone the way it did, but no regrets for making the decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think in the end it has to be your decision, but it helps to discuss your feelings thoughts with your partner. I bf for eight months but it got too hard to express when I went back to work plus I think due to the stress of this I wasn't producing enough to sustain my ds.
    I hope to be able to do the same with ds#2 when he arrives but I won't hesitate to change to ff if it's not working.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I guess you could say my body decided, it just didnt produce enough milk.
    At 4 weeks DS wasnt very much over birth weight so we switched to formula.
    DF was extremely supportive but it had gotten to the point where for DS' health it had to be done.