+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I have publicly admitted on the forum to lactating from a third nipple....that is rather embarrassing.
    We did it together, didn't we??

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    We did it together, didn't we??
    I think so. I actually don't have it anymore, I guess you could say I had a tiny mastectomy.

That's right HeeereKitty, fascinatin, as I'm sure your anecdote is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wait wait wait!!!

Ive just learned that some people have periods that go overnight!

Mine always stops around 5pm and starts up at around 8am the following day - even on the first day! I thought that was normal??

Oh no! I'm abnormal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    Wait wait wait!!!

Mine always stops around 5pm and starts up at around 8am the following day - even on the first day! I thought that was normal??

Oh no! I'm abnormal!
    Thats freaky
    Last edited by Blue Dragon; 22-08-2012 at 14:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't use them since having a couple of bad reactions as a teenager.

I had sudden onset dizziness and high temps while at school so I tried to walk home and fainted on the way. Had to stop at a family acquaintance's on the way home to ask for help before they finally got hold of my dad to come pick me up.

Second time I was at home and once I'd taken out the tampon the symptoms disappeared but I spoke to my doctor afterwards and he said it could be TSS or an allergic reaction and to take care if I used them again.

Scared the bejesus out of me so now if I do have to use them I keep it to a few hours max..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always wear tampons so by default wear them to bed. Before having m/c in May I hadn't worn a pad in ten years - I hate pads and think they are really gross. After the Moon Cup thread, I'll definitely be looking at that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yeah I do.

I skip my period on the pill all the time, so I hardly do it... but when I do have a period, I use tampons exclusively. I don't like wearing undies to bed, so I'm not wearing a pad.

I don't have a very heavy flow while I'm on the pill, and even less since weight loss... and I'm someone who wakes at least once a night to go to the toilet anyway... so I can change if necessary.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

nay11  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Never. The idea freaks me out ! Such a worry wart!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    Wait wait wait!!!

Oh no! I'm abnormal!
    Mine actually really lessen around the night. I don't know why, it wasn't always this way... but in the past few years, they have. They are so light... that I could go to bed without any pad or tampon or anything... and probably wake up clean and blood-free. Or, if unlucky, I coukd end up with a very light spotting. But yeah, mine pretty much disappears overnight these days. I wear a tampon overnight to be safe though (but it's usually blood-free when I remove it).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do.

Also,I actually had Streptococcal toxic shock syndrome last year while I was pregnant.Which is a different strain and has a 70-90% mortality Rate (my son and I are very very very lucky to be alive) and my medical team and I discussed TSS in passing and they said they've ruled out that it's caused by Tampon use.
    but if you have been in contact with the bacteria then don't wash your hands properly and insert a tampon,obviously you can get it.

Strains of TSS especially mine,are so rare most Dr's never see it,and if they do,they rarely see the patient leave the hospital alive.Its a horrible,evil illness.And I am so greatful my son and I survived it.

Obvs mine wasn't contracted via tampon use.They believe I was passed the bacteria at an ultrasound clinic.