+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Slipped disc

I have a slipped disc in my lower I've been in awful pain ever since, Thursday I made it to the dr he gave me painkillers and sent me to the Phyiso, they have strapped my back and going back on Monday, question for ppl that might have had this, how long until I'm feeling better, I can't do anything like bend down, not aloud to pick kids up! It's so hard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It depends in how bad it's slipped and how committed to physio you are. For me it was better with in a month but not 'right' for 4 months..... That's the first time, I've since slipped the same disc 3 times and it is now a perm. Bulging disc

Thanks
    Reviews
    You'll probably be better going to a chiropractor IMO
    Recovery time will depend on how bad it is

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The idea of physio v chiro is a very individualised one. There are physios who do manipulation and adjustments as well as soft tissue work.

As an occupational therapist who does soft tissue treatment, I can tell you that wound healing time frames suggest preliminary healing between 4 &6 weeks with things not usually optimal until about 12weeks.

However its dependent upon correct diagnosis and appropriate treatment.

Not one of us on this internet forum have seen your x-rays or tested your muscles so it'd be false for any of us to advise on your prognosis or treatment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried a chiro he wouldn't touch me until my injury had healed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do both physio and chiro for my disc issues. I've been having treatment for months, and it's slowly getting better, some of which is learning what aggravates it and avoiding that.

My chiro won't adjust as it makes it worse, she uses accupuncture and TENS machine to release the affected muscle and help it heal.

back problems are the worst

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replys, I'm currently in bed with the tens machine on! I'm so over it, I just want to be a mum again! So glad my parents & my hubby are here to help me out!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Slipped disc

Well it's taken almost a month to be back to normal ! I've have 8 Phyiso appts they are amazing! I've got lots of excerises to do to build up my core muscles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Slipped disc

It took me a good six months to feel "normal" again. I still get some pain every now and then 4 years on!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Slipped disc

6 months to the day & my pain is back, need to see dr & get to phyiso! Omg why oh why!