+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD wouldn't latch on. I had intended to BF but instead expressed for a month, then went to formula.

New mums are so hard on themselves. If your best friend was telling you about her BF troubles would you think she was a bad mum because she wasn't able to? I doubt it. All you have to do is love your baby.

My DD doesn't seem to have any negative effects from being bottle fed. She is 10 months now and just has standard colds from day care like every other bub, whether that are breast or bottle fed.

Our bond is extremely close, as in I'm not allowed to leave the room or she cries. She loves mummy cuddles. I honestly don't think she would be any different if she had successfully breast fed.

It seems like SUCH a big thing right now. But I can promise you in a years time you will barely give it a passing thought. Let alone in 18 years time.

I was bottle fed (I had the same issues as my mum) and my sisters and I could not be closer to our mum. And we're all scientists with good health, so don't buy into that nonsense that your child will be smarter if you breast feed.

At the time when I stopped expressing I felt bad. I had some hang ups about not being able to feed my baby. So I kept about 10 tins of formula in the house, and if I popped into town for 15 minutes I took 3 feeds! I've settled down a lot now, only keep 4 tins in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with the last post but I do have to say 5 years on from my bf trouble and I still kick myself for not trying other options. If I had known cutting things out of my diet could have helped I would have done anything.
    I'm 14 weeks pregnant with#2 and I am going to push this time.
    If is what you want don't let go before your ready.
    I will always know I could have done more but didn't.
    Don't let this haunt you like it does me

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No advice to offer but couldn't read not offer hugs! I am so sorry your BF journey has not gone as you'd hoped!
    You have worked so hard to make it work it just seems so unfair

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow. I must say that this is my first experience with a forum and I'm just blown away by the responses. Thank you thank you. To hear success stories gives me hope. But I think I am also going to allow myself forgiveness if this doesn't work. My little one and I have had a rough journey so far and the most important thing is keeping her healthy and building a good bond together.
    Thank you ladies. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jordansmumma View Post
    Have you tried using a nipple shield? Ds1 would not latch on either and by using a nipple shield I was able to breastfeed using this until he was old enough to latch properly... Just a thought
    Agree with the shield- its also more the shape of a bottle teat. I had attachment issues with my daughter and used a shield- we ended up using it until she was about 4 months and then she was able to feed from breast. Worth a shot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had problems with my baby bf as well as her feeding made me get cracked nipples, infections and mastitis. It's a hard thing to get the hang of so I understand your pain. I expressed for about 8wks and that in itself is really hard. I finally got her back on the boob after all that time.
    All I can say is your doing a fantastic job and you should be really proud of yourself for not giving up. You do what is best for you and baby and don't ever feel bad.
    Good luck with it all and keep your chin up!