+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I am going to have a good play with the phones available before i pick but there is so much choice.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I changed from iPhone to HTC, and have had a variety of different ones - all good. (Upgraded every time a better one came out).

The great thing about Android is that you're not locked in to things like you are with Apple. There are a billion more apps too, as developers aren't locked in to having the Apple approval on everything.

I've found all my HTCs more reliable. They are a bit more of a 'techy' phone than the iPhone, but it doesn't take long to figure out, and you can do heaps more with them/ customise them more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had one of the first galaxy's. The only thing it was good for would be being a speed bump. Ds13 really wanted it so I let him have it after I got the iPhone 4s. He lasted 3 days and wanted his little cheapie back. You can get an otterbox cover for the iPhone and that's what I want. That way the glass does not eve come into contact with the floor or table or whatever it won't normally bounce off.

Good luck, have fun and ask lots of questions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    On the flip side, you can be certain that everything sold through the app store and iTunes is clean, with no viruses and loggers and the likes. The same cant be said for android.
    Just anyone can submit something to the android market, but apple have higher standards.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I agree, although I broke my old iPhone, I happily bought a brand new one. If you put screen protectors on and get a silicon case, you shouldn't have any problems with it breaking.

Apple are great to work with if there are any faults, too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    iPhone here. I have a bad history with breaking phones but haven't broken my iphone yet and have dropped it many times!
    My DH has a HTC and constant dramas with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My main reasons for Android were:

Choice of phones (over 700 - maybe more??)

Totally customisable (so I can pick apps that I use more often and have them on my launch bar/ be able to use without unlocking phone, etc. as well as choosing how I want it to look and operate)

Better camera available than on iPhone

Bigger screens available on some models of phone than on iPhone

Apple censors content - I don't like that

Easier to root your phone and install custom ROMs (you can jailbreak your iPhone, but Apple works hard to overcome that when you have to do certain upgrades)

Ooh many more reasons...

I think the iPhone is easier if you're not very technology minded, and if you want more 'basic' functions that run in a pretty way. But the capability of the Android phones is much bigger, and you have more flexibility over how you choose to use them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My HTC has a glass screen as I discovered when I dropped it on concrete the other day . I think the majority of smart phones coming out have glass screens. Don't quote me on that though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I got the new HTC One. Still getting used to it though.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub