+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How did you get thru the first trimester?

I'm impatient, it's my first BFP and now I'm thinking arghhhh what will I do to keep my mind off the fact I'm with child now? I want to get comfortable and use to the idea plus attend my first drs appointment and other relevant appointments in peace before letting people now. When is the right time to tell people? I'm hoping I can last til 10 weeks and then tell family and close friends...would love to know your experience. Also I doubt I'll 'look pregnant' for a long time as I'm overweight anyway! Thanks in advance and baby dust to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congrats! It's not easy keeping it quiet, especially if you get morning sickness! I told my best friend and immediate family at about 7 weeks with DD, after we'd had a viability/dating scan (had a previous miscarriage). Everyone else found out after the NT scan at about 12/13wks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (28-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats! We told people at our wedding in my hubby's speech at around 8 weeks as we had small wedding of close friends and family. Most people I think wait until 12 weeks though because the chance of miscarriage drops considerably (also drops considerably after you hear the heart beat apparently)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to larissa88 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (28-07-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I just blab to everyone. I didn't wait any if the times. Even with my very first. I lost it at 9 weeks. It was great to have the support around me. That's why I tell everyone. I need he support.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonkers For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (28-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls, I guess it just depends on the individual as I thought and I guess I'm worried I'll jinx it or that I'll lose it as a very close cousin of mine's DP lost their baby at 7 weeks after they announced on FB and now it's like they're in limbo if that makes sense? Maybe 8 weeks is a bit more realistic for me...keep the responses coming x

Thanks
    Reviews
    You won't be able to do anything to keep your mind off it lol I'm 38 weeks now and our bub is all that I have thought about since we found out (and even before we found out, while we were trying). We told only our immediate families and waited to tell everybody after the 12 week scan was all fine, being that our first pregnancy ended in a missed miscarriage which we discovered at the 12 week scan. We had told our family and close friends about the first pregnancy and asked them to keep it hush but someone couldn't help themselves and I started getting congrats messages from ppl I no longer speak to! So everyone found out early. It made it ALOT harder with everyone knowing becos not everyone heard that it had sadly ended and I had ppl ask me months later how my pregnancy was going.. This is why we waited until given the all clear at 12 weeks with this one =] congrats and good luck!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mumtobe12 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (28-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Both times we told immediate family and close friends after the positive blood test. We have been trying for a few years, so we were really excited to share the news. We lost our first at 12 weeks and were glad to have the support. We also had a month of complications prior to the loss, which was very stressful, and i can't imagine not have support through that.

Unfortunately, first time around we had some friends guess I was pregnant as I wasn't drinking. These were people we were going to hold off telling.

This time around, we have told the same people at the same time as before, but i have avoided social gatherings with alcohol. We are 13 weeks now, so we're telling the world. I won't be doing any FB posts though until possibly quite late in the piece. I don't want to have to untell FB if something happens.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ABigDeepBreath For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (28-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With our first, I also told my boss straight away due to the nature of my work. He was amazingly supportive and it was helpful through the time I needed to take off up to and after our loss.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ABigDeepBreath For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (28-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We told different people at different times. Immediate family got told when we got a bfp on a pee stick! Close friends and boss got told at 6 weeks. Other friends got told at 10 weeks as we were all together at a BBQ. And then fb announcement at 12 weeks. We just went with whatever felt right

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FutureMa For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (28-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How far along are you now?
    I had to tell work at around 5 weeks, I was so sick. I tried lying about the throwing up, saying I had eaten bad eggs but that was only believable for two days. Still being sick weeks later I told the truth. I didn't want to keep denying I was pregnant and jinx it in any way!!
    Tell people when you are comfortable

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Natskyn For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (28-07-2012)