+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Sorry, but you can't claim things on the internet and expect others to take it as gospel.
    Its not a study or research but I trust the aba.

https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bf-...-breastfeeding

There.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had a well timed glass of wine on a couple of occaisions but didn't really enjoy it as was too busy worrying about whether DS would choose that night to want a feed earlier than usual....so don't really bother anymore.....Once he's not having any night feeds I'll try again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle berry For This Useful Post:

AllCreatures  (29-07-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Absolutely agree. I've been pregnant and/or breast feeding continually since Feb 2008. At least I can have a couple of drinks while breast feeding as I have another 2-3 years breast feeding to go... and that's if we don't have another baby.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    This is me too, I've been pregnant and or breastfeeding (including tandem feeding) since December 06 I honestly feel no guilt whatsoever for the odd glass or 2 of wine!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (29-07-2012),Bubbles10  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think common sense is the key here

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to labellavita For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (29-07-2012),jagamoe  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had the occasional glass of wine. Like once every two months. It's always timed so that the alcohol would have left my system by the time DD would be due for a feed, or she has EBM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    <sigh> I didn't drink at all during BF or pregnancy. But I don't believe it's useful to question others who did and diagnose the matter - the only purpose of this is to make mothers who did have a drink here and there feel bad! I'm sick of how we are so critical of mums for everything!! I think we all know most mums are sensible in this regard.
    completely agree.
    and this is a thread asking if you drank alcohol while you were breastfeeding, not (another ) debate about breastfeeding versus formula.

surely all the pro-breastfeeders out there would rather a woman have the odd glass of wine, give baby a bottle or a breastfeed, than choosing not to breastfeed at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    When breastfeeding I had a table on a pamphlet from the hospital that was v handy. You just look up your weight and number if standard drinks and it gave an estimate for how long it takes for the alcohol to be eliminated from
    Breast milk. I didn't drink often, and never a lot but I used this as a guide. I only 'pumped & dumped' to relieve heavy boobs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Hmmm. I have to disagree with this. A baby does not have a "glass of wine" if you do while pregnant.
    Sorry for late reply. To clarify the foetus will have the same blood-alcohol concentration as the mother. A breastfeeding baby will have a much lower blood reading than the mother. e.g. if The point is that information on alcohol and pregnancy does not apply to breast-feeding.
    Another way: after a couple of drinks, your breast milk might have the same amount of alcohol as that naturally ocurring in fruit juice.
    Last edited by goldtoe; 06-08-2012 at 13:47.