+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I usually pumped 10 minutes before i left (fabulous supply) so i didnt get over full

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    And there is no way in hell i would feed my child alcohol laced milk over formula.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (29-07-2012)

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i would never mix alcohol in to my daughters feed so i wouldnt ever breast feed with milk that had ANY chance of having alcohol in it, so no way would i ever drink alcohol when breast feeding, or while pregnant for that matter no way not ever

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    People talk about the scientific evidence that suggest that drinking and breastfeeding is preferable to giving formula. I'd like to see the studies please. Has anyone got a link?
    Curious too . I have had a drink or 2 and fed DD. I tend to have 1 standard drink (low alc. Cider) either while I'm feeding or soon after then wait a few hours.. I do wonder whether I should FF after a drink though?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I personally couldn't care less if mothers drink and breastfeed. But I find it hilarious that women were flayed for cutting down to one cigarette a day when pregnant, and that the same people saying they drink also claim that vaccines are poison - for which there is no scientific evidence whatsoever. Talk about cherry picking scientific advice.

This from the mayo clinic "Breast-feeding and alcohol don't mix well. There's no level of alcohol in breast milk that's considered safe for a baby to drink."

I personally a few wines when pregnant with my first. Not with the others.
    They also say this

"If you choose to drink, avoid breast-feeding until alcohol has completely cleared your breast milk. This typically takes two to three hours for 12 ounces (340 grams) of 5 percent beer, 5 ounces (142 grams) of 11 percent wine or 1.5 ounces (43 grams) of 40 percent liquor, depending on your body weight.

Pumping and dumping breast milk isn't necessary and doesn't speed the elimination of alcohol from your body.

Remember, breast-feeding is the optimal way to feed a newborn and is recommended until a baby is age 1. If you choose to drink, plan carefully to avoid exposing your baby to alcohol."

Nobody here is saying they get plastered regularly and breastfeed while still under the effects of large alcohol consumption.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    In the end I believe telling women that they should abstain from alcohol leads to shorter breastfeeding duration which I think causes more harm than the odd glass of alcohol.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (29-07-2012),Boobycino  (29-07-2012),moongazer  (29-07-2012),Ulysses  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree thermolicious. That's why I used the breast milk testing strips. I love my wine and 40 weeks without it was enough for me. I loved breast feeding and am really looking forward to doing it again with this Bub. I will enjoy a glass of wine straight after a feed and it should be fine by the time the next feed is due. If not i,will use frozen breastmilk from the freezer. There is no need to abstain all together. However, I know lots of people who choose not to drink while feeding!! Each to their own. I'm sure we can all have our own opinions without producing yet another nasty thread!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Momkey For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (29-07-2012)

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Breastfeeding while pregnant should be safe providing you follow the guidelines, this ABA site has a pdf at the bottom which gives you estimated times for different body weights and types of alcohol.

https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bf-...-breastfeeding

I usually wait an extra couple of hours than they recommend to allow for any other factors, and I use the strips to test my milk for any alcohol before I feed my baby.

I didn't drink while pregnant, I didn't even dye my hair or drink any coffee, but breastfeeding allows you more freedom as you can pump and use expressed milk or drink early enough to wait safely until the next feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    In the end I believe telling women that they should abstain from alcohol leads to shorter breastfeeding duration which I think causes more harm than the odd glass of alcohol.
    Absolutely agree. I've been pregnant and/or breast feeding continually since Feb 2008. At least I can have a couple of drinks while breast feeding as I have another 2-3 years breast feeding to go... and that's if we don't have another baby.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Agree. I have just finished nine years of continuos pregnancy and breastfeeding. I have definitely had the odd glass of wine without worrying too much.