+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes I do have the occasional drink.. Now that she is over one year old, I don't really worry about it or time my drinks with feeds or whatever. But generally I will only have one drink if ill be breastfeeding soon.. and if I am planning a few more drinks she will sleep with daddy or nanna and won't be breastfed at all.. however.. nights like that are so so rare .. too rare!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I drank occasionally when I was breastfeeding DS. I fed him for two years and I always planned it if I wanted to go out.

I would get him to sleep over at the grandparents and I would express enough milk for his feeds in the weeks leading up. Then I would always express and dump when I got home so I wouldn't be lacking for the next night.

If I couldn't plan it for him to have enough or didn't think he would sleep long enough for me to have a drink in the evening out at dinner I just didn't drink.

Luckily I wasn't a big partier beforehand so it wasn't a big stretch to only go out occasionally

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was mindful of when I drank and usually only had one glass just after a feed. This was what the hospital advised me and like a pp I had a drink while I was in the hospital after I had DD. I remember going out once and had too much and being really sad when I had to express and discard - hard to do when you have been drinking and really sad to be throwing away such precious juice

Thanks
    Reviews
    I normally have a half to one glass over the weekend when we have friends around. I normally have one standard drink (so about a quarter of a wine glass) at a time and will have two of those over the whole evening. My baby is 8 months old now and I've done so since about 3ish months. I like to always know if he wakes up at anytime he can feed as he flat out refuses a bottle. If he took a bottle I would probably let loose and have 2 or 3 wines

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't drink so much I can't parent. My kids (both) cosleep so I have to be mindful of how many hours before bed etc.

So if I do drink, it's a couple of glasses early in the evening.

Though I did stupidly play a drinking game with my brother watching an ad for the "magic bullet" after seeing it during the day, so we set it up on YouTube and had to drink (beer) every time they told a blatant lie.... after 4.5 minutes we had to stop for a breather. Lol. 15 minutes and two beers later :-/

I didn't breast feed for a few more hours and they were light beers but omg dizzy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

bumMum  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When he was nursing 3 hrly i never drank, when he was nursing 3 tes a day i never drank as he was waking 1-1.5 hourly over night

At 22 months i forcibly night weened him as a)i could not handle it anymore and b)getting i knew i wanted a few drinks at my sisters b-day.

I have drunk twice in dss almost 26 months of nursing, 3 cruisers each time.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have a drink or 2 occasionally at night because dd2 would sleep through the night so I was fine to feed her in the morning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I have some wine/beer a few times per week but my bubba has always slept for long periods without a feed (eg 6-8 hours from 6 weeks old, now 12 hours at
    Night). I pump daily (so dad can give a bottle) and have a big stockpile in the freezer. I had a night out with the girls and dad just gave the first few bottles of the day from the stockpile.

I'm not sure why women pump and dump: ABA guidelines say you don't need to do this. Alcohol is the same in breastmilk as in blood: within a certain timeframe it can't be detected.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (29-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (28-07-2012),giggle berry  (29-07-2012),smallpotatoes  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Was just about to say the same thing vicpark.
    No need to pump and dump. My friend was devastated when she found out. Many nights spent pumping and dumping, when all she had to do was wait for the alcohol to excrete out of her system.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did. Planned well in advance and expressed heaps for the time frame. I know you don't have to pump and dump but I still did anyway, more for my own piece of mind!