+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Are burst ovarian cysts more painful than giving birth?

I know there can't be a precise answer as the pain levels of both would vary, and people have different tolerances, but has anybody had both burst ovarian cysts and given birth? Were the burst cysts more painful in your opinion?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an ovarian cyst rupture 4 weeks after having DD2 and IMO it was 100 times worse than giving birth. I had only a small amount of gas while in labour and 37.5 mg of morphine before I even made it to the hospital in the ambulance when the cyst burst. I was literally delirious and hallucinating with the pain of the cyst. Sorry if that upsets you but that was my experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks for that. I've never had any cyst issues, thank goodness, but it's an ongoing comment my SIL makes, so have always been curious what other people's experiences are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can honestly say that I wouldn't wish a burst ovarian cyst on my most loathed enemy. Give me a 36hour posterior labour any day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My top 3 ranking pain:
    Kidney stone
    Ovarian cyst bursting
    Labour

In that order

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bloody hell, these aren't the answers I wanted, lol.

It's this ongoing thing that whenever anybody mentions labour, my SIL will say "well, I had a cyst burst once and I'm told it's more painful than labour" in a sort of one-upping type way, so I wanted her to be wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol. Sorry we couldn't be more helpful

Thanks
    Reviews
    They may not be the answers you were looking for ms mummy but I'm happy with it! Have had three ruptured ovarian cysts in the last few years where I has ended up in hospital with morphine injections for each one. The worst pain in my life! I feel much better about the thought of labour now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    I honestly thought like I was going to die when my cyst burst. Unbelievable pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MerryR View Post
    I honestly thought like I was going to die when my cyst burst. Unbelievable pain.
    This!

I collapsed from the pain yet I could walk through labour.

Sorry haha