+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnancy induced hypertension- should I worry?

I usually have low blood pressure (around 100/60), but at 10weeks I started noticing I had symptoms of high blood pressure; sudden headache, dizzy, feeling faint, nausea. It only happens in the morning, not long after getting up and is relieved by having a lie down. We have a blood pressure monitor, and when I took it, it was WAY up, like around 145/105 on average. The problem is, I see my OB in the afternoon and when she takes my blood pressure, it's normal. She doesn't seen at all concerned, saying to keep monitoring it and if at the next appointment it's still a problem, I'll have to wear a 24 hour monitor. My appointment was at 12 weeks, my next appointment is at 17 weeks. Is it safe to wait that long having bouts of high blood pressure? Or am I just being paranoid? (history of recurrent miscarriage, so I recognise that I am prone to paranoia).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had pregnancy induced hypertension with my DS, it started at 33 weeks and I was put on the highest dose of medication until he was born at 38 weeks. I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant and my blood pressure has been around 130/80 since the beginning. I would keep monitoring it and letting your ob know when it's high. Is it only in the morning? Does I improve after eating? I find that I can be quite dizzy in the morning until I eat or drink (tea or juice) something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi happymum2, thanks for the reply.
    It is only in the morning and does get better after eating breakfast, but not down to my normal level. I can't check my pressure at work so I don't know when it drops down properly. I am concerned about being on blood pressure meds as I can still get low bp at night. So frustrating!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can relate, I really hated being on medication for it. Is there a chemist near your work? If so, maybe you could get it check there on your lunch break? I would also ask your Ob if you can have blood pressure monitoring done at the hospital you will be giving birth at. I had to go in every 2nd day and be monitored for 4 hours. This might be able to give you some idea of what is happening during the day.

Hope this helps and things improve for you. Please let me no if there is anything else I can give you advice/experience on.