+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh I have always done all the feeds, night and day.. dd is breastfed. Ds was mix fed but generally it was always breast at night or first thing in the morning so yeah.. but everything else we share.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am very lucky. DH works 6 days a week on our family business and I try to help where ever I can.
    DH does all the laundry, I do the folding. He does all the chopping and I do the cooking. Dishes depends 50/50 most of the time. I clean the house and DH does the vacuming and the moping (done once a week on the weekend). DH runs the bath water and I bath DS, DH dries DS and puts on his PJs and I put DS to bed.
    I do ALL the feedings though because I breastfed DS and we never used a bottle. But DH would always wake up with me at night and wait for me to finish feeding, just in case I need anything. He would get me water help me change nappy and massage my back while I put DS back to sleep. Now DS is 16 months and I still do all the feedings because he wont take it from DH. DS used to wake up around 5am, I would give him a feed in bed and he would go back to sleep for couple more hours. If he doesnt then DH would take him out to the living room and I would have a a longer sleep. Now DS wakes up around 7:30 every morning DH would take him out while I have a 30 min lay in.
    DH does all pooy nappy changes when hes around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    We are old school.
    I am a stay at home mum, I do all the housework and child care. He works and he does the yard work and is building our house in his spare time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (28-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH does baths and we take one each for feeds and putting them to sleep.

If he has work the next day I take responsibility for both babies multiple wake ups.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am lucky because from the time my dh gets home he pretty much takes over the care of DD. His job isn't that stressful and so is happy to do it when he gets home and he loves spending time with DD. He appreciates that it is hard work looking after an 18 month old. I do prepare dinner every night and often do some washing in the evening too. I think it is different for everyone - I think it depends on what they do for work and how long they work for. My dh works very average hours - often home by 5pm - so has more time and energy to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DF is guaranteed at least the minimum hours of sleep he NEEDS. It doesn't matter what else is happening - he sleeps. People often tell me I'm too kind, that he shouldn't be so selfish but it's so much more than that. I'd rather be put out temporarily, than to have my DF die at work because he was not alert enough.
    BUT he makes up for it. He does the vast majority of the housework, and laundry. He also cooks a lot of the time *when* he is at home and not sleeping.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm single, but if I did have a partner who worked there's no way I'd ever expect him to do a morning feed. When I'm in a relationship I do everything. The kids, the house, dinners, washing, everything!
    I just like to look after my partner... But once again I'm single so maybe I'm doing something wrong.. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    When partnered i like

Help with a general house tidy in the evenings,

One of us empties the drainer the other washes (i always cook, makes it easier if its an afternoon finish job),

Dss father and i had an agreement, i mowed and he did the laundry (he hates mowing, hanging clothes makes me physically ill)

90% of the time i was doing both,

Over nights - unless ds was sick i never woke his father, In 2 years his father has done one partial over night shift.

I could not trust him to watch ds over night, he randomly falls asleep at his computer and then does not hear ds.

His father is not a hands on father,
    If i chance to convince him to watch ds in a morning so i can have a sleep in after a bad night ds will be plonked in front of the t.v, not fed breakfast and still in his p.js and night disposable ... needles to say no matter how bad the night i get up with ds.
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    IM pretty old fashion too. I chose to be home with the kids so I have house duties and child care. I do expect one sleep in a week though. DP works 6-7 days a week and I get DS to school so I have to wake up anyways.
    DP when he gets home, cleans up after me and the kids have eaten while I shower the kids. Then we both put kids to bed and read to them.

Some nights I cbf showering the kids so he does that and I clean.

I also give him a few days off chores. Nothing big though as I hate making him work on his only day off lol But if it needs to be done ie, junk collections etc, he will gladly help once he has had a huge sleep in hahahaha

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleigh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    We are old school.
    I am a stay at home mum, I do all the housework and child care. He works and he does the yard work and is building our house in his spare time.
    we do exactly this.

my Dh spends most of his non work time playing with the kids and im happy with that. i feel the kids are getting the best that way. im here all the time so i do all chores cooking childcare and nihhtshifts and i have kids who never sleep argh!

i guess though it depends on dh job and hours. mine is gone 14 hours a day in a very physically demanding job. perhaps if he had a 9/5 office job id prob expect a bit more help.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

14. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpysmurf For This Useful Post: