+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default In laws.

So my MIL and SIL through out my first pregnancy said things like, "I hope it's a girl" "we need a girl" and even introduced my bump as the new niece, in the end I was pretty p!ssed with it all and started replying with some pretty stern comments. DS was then born and well they don't really come to see him much etc.
    So I announced our pregnancy today and I have already had comments "I'm praying for a girl" WTF let the baby be what it will be, I will love it no matter what bits it has between it's legs.
    I do worry that if it's a girl they will favor her over DS, this will be something that I will put a stop to ASAP.
    They are rather possessive people so they kind of think DS is theirs e.g. You know when you get the chain messages on Facebook and depending on the colour f your top etc that's what destination your going to (iykwim) I wrote on there that I was going to Paris, SIL replied with yeh you go but DS is staying with me, your not taking him anywhere!bat that stage she hadn't seen him since his was born and even then she told me she didn't like his name etc.
    Does anyone else have inlaws like this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol I was that miffed that I put this in the wrong section lol

Mods could this please be moved to issues with family members cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    That made me cranky just reading it! I haven't met my in-laws so I have no advice, just sympathy
    I'm very possessive myself, it irritates me if anyone (except DH) even refers to DS as 'their' boy, or even 'our' boy, in my head its like HEY... He is MY baby... MINE!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    my in laws always say about dd and ds ''he/she is mine''..''they are staying here with us, you go away''.. and my reaction is ''meh. ''.. whatever. don't let it bother me, i know the truth. lol. they are coming home with US and they are OURS at the end of the day.. they can live in their fantasty world if they like.. hehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I have a MIL and SIL like that. We lived in a different state and they tried to get our son taken away so he could be up there.... Even after SIL announced (before I even met her and me about 6 months pregnant) that I should get an abortion as she is older and she should be first. So I get it.
    I just ignore them and do my own thing. They have settled down a lot now as SIL has a kid and they live like 20mins apart

Thanks
    Reviews
    How frustrating for you!! I can relate.

I had a girl and my SIL refers to her as 'the best thing that's ever happened to her'

I get the worst anxiety when we have to go see them coz I know what they are like!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grooviechic35 View Post
    Yes I have a MIL and SIL like that. We lived in a different state and they tried to get our son taken away so he could be up there.... Even after SIL announced (before I even met her and me about 6 months pregnant) that I should get an abortion as she is older and she should be first. So I get it.
    I just ignore them and do my own thing. They have settled down a lot now as SIL has a kid and they live like 20mins apart
    You should have a abortion at 6 months because you didn't wait your 'turn'? Wtf?????

Thanks
    Reviews
    I empathise! I wonder if there is a mean course u take b4 becoming a mil or sil lol I get the the fil also go on about how the kids r his, and my DD is apparently exactly like my sil looks, likes, dislikes, mannerisms, everything!
    And of course they love them the most, too bad there isno one around when i need someone to babysit for a couple hrs! Drives me crazy on a bad day! But I try not let it get to me- "try"- often I will drive DH mad with my complaining lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Completely empathize. My in laws are absolutely awful and I could go on for days about the things they do. Most annoying one, they said to my daughter 'come and hug the grandparents that you never see'. The snide comments never end. By the way, my daughter sees my parents about twice a year so it's not like my parents see her all the time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My in laws never ask about DD and pretty much track her life via pictures on Facebook. MIL comments like she is involved but she has maybe spent two hours with her since birth. They live 20 mins away, she only works part time and DD is 12 weeks.