+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Blackmores multivitamin

I've been using the Blackmores multivitamin for about 3 weeks. Since changing over I've had problems with low BP and dizziness. I've stopped taking it for about 4 days now & haven't felt this good in ages. I'm 8 weeks now. Has anyone had a similar experience with these vits?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't have any problems with the blackmores but I couldn't see taking two pills a day when I could take one with swisse for the same vits. If it's not working for you, try another one,I have heard that some pregnancy vitamins do affect people that way.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If I took then on an empty belly I got faint, dizzy and nauseas. With food though and I was fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes with the swisse multi-vitamins.

I changed to a different multi-vitamin and felt so much better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had terrible gastro symptoms from the Blackmores vitamins. My GP said it's because they have a huge amount of iron in them - more than your RDI.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold

Hi Mrs Stewart, I’m sorry to hear that you have felt so unwell. It is important to consume adequate iron daily in pregnancy for both the baby’s development and the mother’s health.

It is important to consume adequate iron daily in pregnancy for both the baby’s development and the mother’s health. The RDI of iron during pregnancy is 27 mg. Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold supplies 10 mg of iron per daily dose, in a form that is generally well tolerated.

I hope that you are feeling better soon, and if you would like to talk to one of the Blackmores naturopaths further about your experience with the product please call 1800 803 760. Kind regards, Danielle (Blackmores.)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I take the Blackmores and have had no problem with it. I take it with food though, always, and at dinner so if there are any initial effects, I'm asleep so I don't notice them!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    On a multivitamin note, I suffered bad cramping and diaorrhoea every time I took my multivitamin, regardless of the brand (yes I tried quite a few different ones). Pregnant or not, for me multivitamins = diahorrea.