+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bach of nursing at unisa..

At the moment I'm enrolled into 4 units with oua over 2 study periods which wld give me the requirements to get into Bach of nursing but not until 2014. I'm eager to start nursing next year and am seriously thinking of applying to get into Bach of nursing at start of next year. Im not 100% sure what info I'm after but feel very overwhelmed right now about if it would be better to do the 4 units first or sit the stat test and hopefully get in next year. Ahhhhh any advice or tips would be appreciated. I have a nearly 4 year old and a 1 year old and am due with #3 in October. Am I crazy to want to start nursing next year???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woops double post!
    Last edited by mum2mj; 27-07-2012 at 22:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just finished my nursing I did enrolled endorsed nursing so division 2 with the medication endorsement, the first year was okay but got harder the last 6 months of it lots of group assignments for us and hard to juggle time for some parents in te course but they managed.

I did the stat test to get in and wrote a letter of why I wanted to get in so much and study nursing.

The uni qualification so the bachelor of nursing I hear is hardest second year while the first and third are okay. Don't work yourself and feel overwhelmed the work is yet to come! You will need to work out what you will do with your kids when you need to go to clinical placements within hospitals etc for work. Babysitting or a partner or parents whatever.

You can always defer or take less units once you get in if you struggle. You really need to have study time regularly though in order to develop a working knowledge of the body.

I would try and do units first to give yourself a leg up and some preparation but while doing that there's no harm in applying for the bachelor too. Maximum options.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I would sit the test and try to get into it from next year. No idea on that particular Uni's preference though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have decided to apply through Satac and sit the stat test for entry the start of next year and if I don't get in then I will study the 4 units and apply to start studying nursing the start of 2014. Applications open next Monday (6th August) and I'm super excited. Can you give me any tips or advice? I've been reading a midwifery and nursing thread and some people have said they are getting their documents ready to apply. Do you know What documents I will need? Thanks.