+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Trapped wind

Our poor little girl (2 weeks tomorrow) seems to often be struggling to pass wind (fart). She'll often wake up and have this really distressed cry going on and kicks her legs around like shes trying to fart. Does anyonw have any tips on how to help her out? Shes having two poo-ey nappies a day.

Shes fed EBM as a result of boob rejection with the occasional formula top up. We use the avent bottle (teet #1) but ive just ordered some Dr Browns bottles which will arrive mid next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried gripe water or infacol?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lay her on her back and move her legs around in a circular bicycle motion. Also gently hold her knees up to her chest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd recommend infacol from the chemist too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs06 View Post
    Lay her on her back and move her legs around in a circular bicycle motion. Also gently hold her knees up to her chest.
    This exactly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs06 View Post
    This and try Infants Friend Drops. I found it much better than infacol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Infants friend! My daughter is 5 weeks now and at 2 w this saved my sanity!

I should be doing something else...........

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS had the worst wind ever when he was small I was often up all night trying to help. Grip water worked sometimes for him but I also found that if I faced him away from me and held him across the middle so he could see everything and jiggled a bit that helped. And when he got older we would lay on the Lou he with our knees up and sit him on our knees (while holding him still) and asit him
    Slidding down on to our tummys and the laughing would bring up wind. Also tummy time will help. Warm baths, and patting on the back helps. Also when sleeping put something under the matteres so it's higher at the end of the head. That's all I can think of that we did that helped. Hope you find what helps for you coz every baby is dif xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    PB, our LO's are the same age and having the same issues. My pharmacist suggested infacol, even though it says for 4 weeks and over.

She had lots of noisy fluffs last night (not all ending in a dirty nappy) so it seems to be working. She was unsettled at 4am (usual) but I had fed her at 3am without using the drops so maybe that explains it?

If u don't want to try that, use a syringe to let her have a few mil of boiled cooled water at the end of a feed ( just don't drown her!)..I was told just start small eith the amount and to not go over 20 mil.

Call the community nurse for advice (or ur GP if possible) if youre unsure of suggestions and nothing else is working.

But, hugs. I know how upsetting those pained cries are when they are so little!