+ Reply to Thread

Default Mater Private Redlands - Dr Gillian van Iddekinge

Hi all,

This is my first post within the forum and I am currently nearing the end of my first trimester. This is my second child and I am going private as I previously have in the past. I am really wanting to hear from ladies who have had appointments with Dr Gillian van Iddeking or had her Delivering your baby.

I am considering going through moreton bay obstetrics and gyn again but am not overly fussed on this ob/gyn. She delivered my niece and my sister in law has a really bad story that goes along with it. The dr could not tell the reason that my niece Would not come out with vacuum or forceps was because she was posterior. The baby was in distress and this woman couldn't work out why. The reason I am asking for others stories is because I am all aware we can have bad days at work sometimes and it could have just been one of those days. Also I wasn't in the room so I will never know details as to what may have really happened.

With this obstetrics group it is unfortunately compulsory to see all three drs during appointments in case your chosen dr is not on call. If this is her usual practice than I will be forced to travel over an hour to the next closest private hospital.

Hope someone can help!!!

Hi I am going through them and so far have found all 3 nothing but lovely and can answer a my silly questions without even blinking. I actually work with GP's and they have all been highly recommended to me by all the GP's, and even another private obgyn from Mater Brisbane recommended them as Redlands is closer for me than Brisbane. Hopefully that was just a once off bad day. Hopefully my opinion helps

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trikki For This Useful Post:

Mummajugs28  (08-08-2012)