+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How long did it take your child to be fully toilet trained?

Particularly if you took a more structured approach (as opposed to a 'wait until they're ready' approach).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ughhh.
    My first dd was dry in the day after a month and dry consistently at night by 3.5.
    Second ds was a nightmare dry in day by 2.8 and night by 4.
    Third ds by 3 for both
    Fourth dd dry by day at 2 and by night at 2.9

Hope the next one was as easy as #4 as I never even trained her, just bought a potty sat it in the bathroom and she decided she was ready !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol sorry I meant for first she was 2.5 and it took a month
    Second took 6 months !
    Third took about a month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    a full 3 weeks both day and night. it was alot of very very hard work with tears/tantrums, you name it, but i was super determined. she wasn't ready to toilet train, but i decided to anyway before she started pre-kindy at daycare. i would sit her on the toilet or the potty (big toilet/little toilet) every 5-10 mins literally, all day, weather she wanted to or not. she got the hang of it really quick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was 2.5 yo. Never had formal toilet training. It came to her naturally but of course we showed her books about potty and she just copied the book.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Depends what you consider toilet trained. My daughter is 4, but still requires night nappies. She didn't train until 3, and never used a potty, went straight onto toilet, but never had an accident once she was ready. I did try earlier, but she just wasn't ready and would wet herself and poo her pants.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 27-07-2012 at 20:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subscribing as DS (almost 3) CAN wee on the toilet when he WANTS and when I ask, but he still wets his nappy. I am considering no nappies in the warmer weather (just undies and no pants/socks!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd started at 21 months and by 24 months I can't even remember when she had her last accident. Now we've noticed her nappy is completely dry when she wakes up, so tonight, for the first night ever we have let her go to bed with no nappy!! eeek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd1 took a couple of weeks to day-train, we did it over summer when she turned 2, she was definitely ready which is why it was so quick, but she didn't train at night til she was probably 3-3.5 (til she NEVER had an accident). DD2 was just over 2, her b'day is sept and we did her in that summer and she was literally something like a week or 2 both day and night, it was like she was just waiting for us to tell her to use the toilet and stop putting nappies on her. We didn't have to 'train' her at all. DS is 2.5 and has been toilet training for the last 3-4 months. He showed 'ready' signs at the end of summer but I've been slack and haven't pushed him at all. He was using the toilet regularly then kind of worked out he could use it as a power thing (like refuse to go to the toilet and just wet his pants) when he felt like it so I decided not to push it and he's stopped doing that recently and has been day trained for the last couple of weeks. He wakes with a dry nappy 6/7 nights so might try him at night soon, but I'm about to have twins and don't want to place too much emphasis on it all incase he starts using it as an attention-seeking thing again!