+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    it's not like the owner banned children, just prams on busy weekends.
    yes, it does seem harsh but if you actually think about the logistics and ohs issues, it makes sense.
    i have run restaurants all my life and have 2 kids.
    some prams ARE as big as SUV's...and some parents let their kids run around the restaurant. i've actually worked in a cafe where if you had children, the owner insisted on seating them outside. and she refused to purchase highchairs.
    (i thought that was quite unreasonable!)

as pp says, you can get a highchair, sling, put baby on your lap or choose to eat elsewhere. the readers posts below the article are ridiculous but let's be honest, not everyone likes kids.
    what about hotels with a no-child policy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've noticed people who make comment on news limited stories are generally the lowest common denominator, so I wouldn't take too much stock in them.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (27-07-2012),MissMuppet  (27-07-2012),shelle65  (27-07-2012),wrena  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think news.com attracts bogans.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

austmum  (27-07-2012),Benji  (27-07-2012),Gracie's Mum  (27-07-2012),MsMummy  (27-07-2012),shelle65  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow those comments. Wow. According to 1 bloke (about 90%of comments seemed to be from blokes -weird) kids should be banned from the city 'go back to suburbia', public transport, planes, footpaths etc. seriously????

Thanks
    Reviews
    The people writing those comments are just keyboard warriors pfffft love them to air their real opinions in my face next time I'm freaking out with my too screaming kids pretty sure i will tell them to effed

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know I shouldn't but I'm laughing my **** off at this comment:

SteveT of Adelaide Posted at 4:35 PM July 16, 2012
    YES - NO Prams. And, NO KIDS full stop. Children should also be banned on public transport, they are far too noisy. Definitely no kids on airplanes, that's a no brainer! This next one may not be too popular with some but I'd also like to see kids banned from public footpaths, shopping malls and most other public areas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post

YES - NO Prams. And, NO KIDS full stop. Children should also be banned on public transport, they are far too noisy. Definitely no kids on airplanes, that's a no brainer! This next one may not be too popular with some but I'd also like to see kids banned from public footpaths, shopping malls and most other public areas.

What a freaking genius lol.

Now the readers are arguing about divorce in the blog section.... geesh... they could solve all of the world's problems with their wisdom

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post

Maybe they could make some private footpaths/planes/trains/buses for children and parents then, that way we wouldn't have to deal with the ignorance of people like this? Sounds Good to me! Don't they realize that they were actually a child at some point in their lives? And children will grow up to be adults possibly serving them in cafes, driving buses, flying planes?! While I can see the POV of the cafe owner about prams (some are huge!) the comments are just gross.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiyed View Post
    We were recently on a flight where a mother and her baby were sitting across the aisle from us. The baby cried the whole way from melbourne to adelaide. Like distressed crying, being heavily pregnant i did feel a bit sorry for her but on the otherhand i was annoyed and thought 'just feed the baby, she's obviously hungry'. I dont have a problem with prams or kids in cafes etc, its just in confined spaces ie planes!
    Maybe it wasn't that simple .... Maybe baby has colic (feeding makes it worse), maybe babies ears were sore from the pressure in the plane, maybe baby was tired and is one of those kids that won't sleep in someone's arms. Maybe mum has pnd and isn't coping with the baby too well.

Not having a go ... U mention u r pregnant ... Is this your first baby? Babies cry for a lot more reasons than being hungry. You say you did feel a bit sorry for her BUT ...
    Imagine how the mum felt after an hour on a plane with a distressed baby and dirty looks from other passengers ... Personally I would have gone over offered a friendly smile, adked if she the mum was ok and asked if I could help her at all.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Smartiecat For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think that unless you have kids, or have had a lot of exposure to them, then it can be hard to understand.

I've never been around any babies at all, and pre-DD I would have thought that a mother with a screaming baby was 'not stopping it from crying'. Ugh, what an idiot... I just had no idea.

I thought that children should always sit on chairs even in casual cafes (I stick to this in restaurants, but not cafes).

I thought that children should always be clean and anything else was a bit gross.

I thought that parents should not let them be too noisy/ make loud squealy noises/ cry/ have tantrums, and that it was a lack of discipline that led to that behaviour.

Oh I could go on and on.

Needless to say, in that department anyway, I was an idiot.

Buuut to defend myself (if I can) - I was never a maternal person, so I felt no "aww" feelings toward kids, and I thought they were a bit yucky. For a long time I didn't really want kids of my own, and the idea scared me. And I'd never been around them, and I didn't understand.

I am a reformed character (promise). But I can understand why people might have those feelings toward kids in public places, having been not the most tolerant toward them myself in the past.

(slinks away and awaits pelting)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (27-07-2012)