+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    do you have a birth ball you can jump on? stairs you can walk up?

YOu don't have to agree to induction. If you feel more comfortable getting checked at 12, go in but ask what are the benefits & risks of inducing now or waiting for another 6, 12, 24 hours.

Then ask for time to make your decision.

Not long now, and you will have your baby in your arms. Avoid a medical induction if you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphoria4 View Post
    No reason, just an old school kind of lady I think!? I think considering I can't sleep (as much as I'd LOVE to, had zero hours last night) I will start pottering about. Really didn't want to be induced...
    The policy in Qld is that as long as bub is ok (daily trace) you can wait 72hrs to be induced. 24hrs after you get oral antibiotics.

One mw told me that early waters breaking but no vonsistent contractions mean a posterior bub as there is no pressure of bubs head on the cervix. So try and get bub to rotate. I had this issue both times. My first induced labour they had to rotate at delivery but my second cos I refused an induction - I was mobile and relaxed at home and bub turned around herself.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (27-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (27-07-2012),~Marigold~  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My waters broke at 8pm on Sunday and contractions didn't really start till 12 hours later, she was born 42 hours after my waters broke. Keep moving but get some rest also!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    Just tell them you're going to wait longer if you don't want to be induced. xo
    Just don't turn up

As long as you are feeling regular movements, not feverish, clear waters and generally well it's fine.

You have the right to refuse medical treatment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My waters broke and I didn't have any contractions but the hospital wanted me to pop in as they were worried about infection I think. Anyway I went to the hospital about an hour or so later in no rush and not long after started having mild contractions so they did an internal and said I was 5cm. That freaked me out as I had only just had couple of minor contractions but all of a sudden they picked up and I was asking for an epi but it was too late my body was pushing bub out. They counted it as a 1hr labour. So even if you feel nothing now things may change quickly . If you want labour to start I would walk around and just wear a pad for the leaking. All the best, such and exciting time for you is Imminent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OMG this is sooooo exciting! I just got back from my 40wk appt to see this thread! euphoria4 the antenatal class midwives told us to move around as much as possible to make the most of gravity. Laying down only helps if you really need rest, not the best for helping the bub to move down.

Im so excited for you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Taiyed For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So exciting!! If you're feeling up to it (not too tired), walking around will help kickstart you along. Gravity is wonderful when labouring.

Unless there are signs of infection, you don't have to be induced until up to 72 hours after waters have gone.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    YAY!!
    My waters broke at 2pm and contractions didn't amp up till 7. We got to hospital at 7:30 and contractions became more intense but dropped off.
    Good luck! I wouldn't be laying down ether, maybe if you had the energy to go for a walk or if you have a fit ball rotate your hips on that to get bubs head down?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphoria4 View Post
    My waters broke this morning at 3am... !!!! (I am due tomorrow).
    Had immediate, intense contractions moments later, went to the hospital where I was monitored for around an hour, but the contractions fizzled out.
    I was sent home for a six hour wait (which ends at 12pm) to "see how I go" and if I don't progress they said they will put me on a drip and induce me.

I should be sleeping but my mind is racing!

How long after your waters broke did you go into full on labour?

Oh yeah, and NOBODY told me that the water/fluid DOESN'T STOP leaking (or gushing, rather) until delivery! And that it refills itself every 3 hours!

Super excited, tired, anxious, nervous!!

Also.. should I get up and move around? The midwife said to rest. Everytime I get up i leak!!!

I am still getting contractions, they are just not regular anymore
    Mine broke with DS about 8:30pm Wednesday night & didn't start getting contractions until 6pm Thursday night because they induced
    Me, started with the drip & things lunchtime thursday.

Rest as much as you can & just make sure you have everything ready at home & for the Hostpital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD was born just 3 hours after the first little leak of fluid, but it wasn't until just before she was born that the majority of it came out (came out in a gush when stage 2 started and then she pretty much fell out of me 6 minutes later).

Good luck!