+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD is 10.5mths & feeds usually about 4 times a day. Plus a night feed but i'd like to drop that as DD seems to be ready to. I am working fulltime so I express twice a day during the week & also once in the evening. Pretty much demand feed on the weekends.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzys Dragon For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    At 9 months DD2 was still feeding every 2 hours during the day and constantly overnight

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AliG For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My almost 12 month old demand feeds and has 4 during a typical day and 3 at night = 7 or more in 24 hrs.
    The breakdown of this would go something like this;
    Dawn feed and back to sleep or not
    Feed before nap late morning
    Feed mid arvo
    Feed to sleep at bedtime at 6.30pm
    Feed at 9ish
    Feed at 12midnight
    Feed at 3am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissy12 View Post
    I'm just wondering if you could comment re title? If your baby is 6-12 months (or older, out of interest) would you mind saying how many breastfeeds they have in a typical 24hr period?

It would really help me put some things in perspective I think.

TIA
    I not long ago weaned my daughter at 22 months tbh I never counted feeds ! She was obviously fed on demand and some days she fed more than others ! It depends on how they are feeling and if they are going through a growth spurt Hth
    If your lo is happy and gaining weight I wouldn't worry about fluctuations in patterns

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots of frequent feeders here! I feel much better! How many of you demand feeders out there are also co sleepers? It seems like this might be the most sensible route to take but I don't know how I would get any sleep!? When we co nap, he wants to be attached to my nipple the entire time! Does co sleeping get easier for the mum...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    ALl mine have been different and varied anything from 4 or 5 times to 20!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots of frequent feeders here! I feel much better! How many of you demand feeders out there are also co sleepers? It seems like this might be the most sensible route to take but I don't know how I would get any sleep!? When we co nap, he wants to be attached to my nipple the entire time! Does co sleeping get easier for the mum...?
    I co sleep it takes a little bit of getting used to but I have rails on my bed as I found the one thing that worried me was dd falling out the other side, lol ! Dh is away for weeks at a time so it works for us !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    DS usually has 6-7 breastfeeds a day, three meals and water. Whenever he wants a feed I'm happy to oblige, sometimes they're decent feeds and other times, just a little bit before he's off again to do something else. I was worried that it was too much but after talking to the nurse I'm not stressing anymore.

I don't think it will be an issue when he's a little bit older, he'll probably feed less on the days you are working and make up for it on the days you're not working. Your supply should adjust and hopefully it will be fine. A friend of mine, who has breastfed her two older children until they were older than two, and is currently breastfeeding her 14 month old, found this when she went back to work and had no problems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bub is 11 months and has about 4 or 5 feeds a day (none overnight). She feeds at 5:30am, 9am, 12:30pm (sometimes 2pm) and 5pm.
    I work evenings and leave for work at 4:15pm, so feed her at 4pm instead of 5pm on these days, and get DH to give her some custard at 5pm instead.
    I also work 5 or 6 hr shifts during the day on the weekend, and so she usually only misses 1 feed, which doesn't mess with me supply wise at all, and DH just gives her some extra solids.
    She wont drink from a bottle, and we haven't had much success with ebm from a cup (DH not patient enough I think!) but at this age it isn't too much of a problem because she is pretty good at/ happy with solids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 9 months and we co-sleep which I love! DS feeds approx four times during the day and still alot over night so it means I don't have to get up to him at night. At 6 months he was feeding approx every 2 hours during the day and then all of a sudden at around 7.5 months he dropped half his feeds. We started solids at 6 months, though DS still isn't fully into them..He's very much a mummy milk boy

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MissRose1 For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (27-07-2012)