+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and see if your hubby or someone can make up things like the sports drinks and any snacks you can manage for you before they go to work - I found I was only really well enough to grab things, not to stand there and make them. If the sports drinks were there and I couldn't stand the thought of eating anything, I could at least grab one and it would help keep my hydrated and help my blood sugar a little.

Popcorn was also something I could manage - we have an air popper, and I would get my hubby to make some for me with a little melted marg. Again, it's something bland but carb-y. I hope you can think of some things that you might be able to manage to eat! I struggled but did think of things over time. I couldn't even look at a recipe book or go in the supermarket, but once in a while something was mentioned or I thought of something I thought I could try. Then I ate the same 5 things for 2 months straight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The hydralyte ice blocks taste ok, because they are cold that's nice, otherwise get normal ice blocks they still get some sugar into you. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellz View Post
    To Cocco,
    i never even thought to shop around. I just used
    my local Chemist. I'll definatly be doing a ring around
    now. Even a few Dollars cheaper would help.
    Are you just one the one Zofran now? Any Maxalon?
    Im taking half a zofran daily, not taking maxalon.. also i taking 1 zantac every night before bed my OB told me it can ease some of the morning sickness and its worked heaps.
    not sure where you are but i found it cheaper at hospitals, i go to the Epworth in Richmond vic thats where my OB's office is and its $20 for a 10pk of their generic brand and does the same job..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellz View Post
    To Cealz,
    I have wonded about acupuncture. Does it hurt?
    The idea of pins being jabbed into me sounds
    Painful.
    What is the cost like?
    It hurts a bit but only if the needle is going into a sensitive area. You just sit and relax for a while after they are in which is quite nice.

Not sure on price sorry as i got it done in NZ. Some medical insurance covers it though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had severe hyperemesis with DD2 (DD1 was 2.5/3)
    Unfortunantly for me it lasted up till she was born and included many periods of hospitalisation.
    I took zofran in the day and took phenergan 25mg at night.
    Many antihistamines can be used for morning sickness and are a cheaper alternative than zofran. I only used phenergan at night though as it also makes you drowsy.

A script of only 8tabs and taking 2 a day you must be back at the dr's every few days! Ask for a bigger script with more repeats.

Hope you find something that works for you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Nellz  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel your pain you poor thing. I had very bad morning and night sickness with my son and I was bed ridden. I couldn't even eat anything at all, and no tables worked for me. It only last for about 6 weeks but it felt like forever. Hope our doesn't last too long.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Emma 80 For This Useful Post:

Nellz  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lulu21,
    Thankyou, I'll ask about the stemital.
    Congrats on the birth of your daughter

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nellz

Sorry to hear your having a hard time of it. I had all day sickness til 21 weeks and after that it has been a bit more random or if I'm tired, havent eaten every few hrs, been too adventurous in my food choice.

My only advice is to keep trying different foods every few days as what u can tolerate does change. And especially try things u didn't eat pre-pregnancy. For me I'd never really liked ginger but I found these ginger biscuits that I could keep down and would settle my tummy. Also I lived on mentos and unsalted nuts. I constantly had one or the other in my mouth! During the weeks I couldn't tolerate water I drank soda water.

For 'meals' I also found the more starchy foods my staples - bread, pasta, potatoes.

For me I found it helped to be well hydrated and rested (as much as I could be). Also to be grazing all day and be distracted. If I could make it too work it seemed easier to deal with.

Hope u get some improvement soon, there will be an end date

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicki77 For This Useful Post:

Nellz  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hun, I feel for you, it is the worst isnt it, trapped in this awful place with no relief. Weeks 6-10 (weeks 7-9 in particular) were the worst for me personally and I think this is quite common. I was at emotional breaking point by week 10 but then it eased off just enough for me to eat a little. After 10 weeks I felt I could get out of bed but now at w11 I had occasional feelings of normality and bouts of nausea as opposed to 24/7. Its.different for all but majority will feel.some relief from w10 on as the placenta starts to do its job. When you feel that relief, omg it is amazing..You are.almost there..Talk to your baby, try to connect and just eat what you can as unhealthy as it.may seem as that bubba is taking what it needs.from you and the fact that its kicking your **** just shows wjat a strong little bean it is xx

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rileyrose For This Useful Post:

Nellz  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to reply hugs chicky I know exactly how you feel!

I was hospitalized 10 time total for DD2 being rehydrated and injections made me feel better. I know the feeling like you are letting down your little family. Do you have anyone to come and help?

Those tablets are horrible.

My advice I know the nausea is horrible but while you can keep food down eat and try and keep hydrated.

I know it's frustrating but keeping hydrated will help with the nausea.

Hope you feel better ASAP