+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    To Cealz,
    I have wonded about acupuncture. Does it hurt?
    The idea of pins being jabbed into me sounds
    Painful.
    What is the cost like?
    Last edited by Nellz; 28-07-2012 at 06:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To MsMummy,
    The most I've gotten from one script is 8. I'll
    definatly ask about the antihistamine. How does
    that work exactly? I'm willing to try anything.

The fact that Zofran isn't on the PBS needs to be
    reveiwed. So many people need it.
    Last edited by Nellz; 28-07-2012 at 06:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To Sarelou,
    The most I've ever gotten one a script it 8. I'll ask
    my Dr about the 10.
    Do the hydralite blocks taste ok? I've been
    sucking on plain ice chips.
    Buttercup is a very cute nickname

Thanks
    Reviews
    To Cocco,
    i never even thought to shop around. I just used
    my local Chemist. I'll definatly be doing a ring around
    now. Even a few Dollars cheaper would help.
    Are you just one the one Zofran now? Any Maxalon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    To Wrena,
    I'll be honest it's rough with a toddler. But having
    her reminds me of why I'm doing this.
    Ive heard a lot about ginger and morning sickness.
    But I can't STAND ginger, that's why I havnt tried that.
    Im taking the Vitamin B6 though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To Aaliyahsmummy,
    $180 is absolutely ridiculous. I'm definatly going
    to shop around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To Natct,
    I was sick until the very end with my daughter
    but it was manageable, not like this.
    I feel so neglectful to my daughter. She's only 2
    and says "mummy sick mummy sick" I feel so bad
    for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To CB12,
    I tried halving the Zofran, but it back fired. I went back to
    vomiting flat out again. I thought I'd try it again in a
    couple of weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a light at the end of the tunnel, your beautiful baby. I was hospitalised several times this pregnancy with severe hyperemisis. Zofran just wouldn't help this time. Ended up using stemital (that's the anti histimane) as well.
    Very lucky to come good by about 18wks and have just had my gorgeous girl this week.
    Maybe go back to your GP and see if they can find another solution for you.
    Hang in there x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lulu21 For This Useful Post:

Nellz  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nellz, I have struggled with persistent nausea as well, although not as bad as you. Ginger really did help me, but I had so much in the first 2 weeks that I can barely stand it now. I take the Blackmores morning sickness tablets which have B6 and ginger in them. I tried the Maxolon a while back and it didn't help, but I'm trying it again now because I'm fed up with still feeling sick (I'm nearly 18 weeks).

One of the things that I found really helped was keeping my fluids up - even though I was soooo over having to force myself to keep drinking all the time. For some reason plain water didn't feel as good, so I tried the lemon in water like you have, but also water with a touch of ginger cordial, watered down fruit juices (orange was surprisingly helpful, and apple sometimes too), and especially those sports drinks like staminade. They are similar to the rehydration drinks you can get from the chemist etc - I had a few flavours as I seemed to only be able to drink orange one day, but only the green flavour another day, etc. I think I have three flavours in the cupboard at the moment and still have them if I'm getting a bit dehydrated, or when I get a headache from having lots of water (I think the salts in it help??). Also rooibos or honeybush teas (can get them from places like T2), they are herbal teas but you can add milk and they have no caffeine. I can't drink tea or coffee anymore because they just irritate my stomach, but these are fine. Also, ginger ale (sometimes watered down), and sometimes soft drink and fruit juice together (the fizzy can help settle your stomach a bit and the juice and sugar in it help bring up your blood sugar quickly). I sometimes had that one before I could feel OK to eat a meal (ie, my toast for dinner, LOL).

I was just about living off toast and potatoes. Most potato products were OK for me, but even just boiled potato was fine sometimes because it was bland and easy to eat. So perhaps if toast is OK for you, potato will be OK too? Sometimes a small bag of plain chips were suprisingly OK too.

I also tried the travel sickness accupressure bands that you can get from the chemist - apparently they can help m/s as well. I'm not sure if they worked, but even if it's in the mind, it's worth a try.

And if I had to go somewhere, I took an orange with me. Not necessarily to eat, but I could press my nail into the skin a tiny bit and then sniff it, and the citrus smell helped calm me down when I felt particularly vommy. I tried sniffing a bottle of orange essential oil but it wasn't the same, so I recommend the real thing. Mandarins sometimes work too (and you might be able to eat a few segments when you need to too).

The only other thing I found is that the morning sickness was always worse when I was tired, or my body was a bit exhausted. I found out getting to work on public transport was tiring me out too much because there was a lot of walking. Now we are driving to work instead and I just try to take care to take as much rest as I feel I need to, even though that means I have almost no life. But it does help stop me being constantly sick, so it is worth it.

And just lastly... when I was at home sick I think I was feeling it more, because I had nothing else to think of and stuck in the same place all the time. I got a reclining outdoor chair from Bunnings so that I can lay down outside sometimes too, and this really helped. It's a bit chilly at this time of year, so I dress warmly, but it's great when the sun can hit my skin and I can lay back and see the blue sky and watch the birds hopping around in the trees. It really helps my mood. Perhaps you can do something like that too, and your little one can play outside then too.

Best of luck!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JWM For This Useful Post:

Nellz  (30-07-2012)