+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 3rd Caeserian experience.. and going public. not impressed so far.

is it any different to the other c-sections? i had my first appt with the ob today (first time going with the public system) at the Royal Brisbane today, and she did nothing but put me off, both going for a vbac and a 3rd c-section. she pretty much went to say with the vbac about me being ''higher risk'' due to already having 2 c-sections and the baby either ending up dead or brain damaged, then went on to talk about the risks of the 3rd c-section with either there being a chance they can ''accidently cut into your bladder , and you needing a catheter for 10 days'' and ''cutting into your baby's face''.. I know both deliveries have their risks, but i'd just assumed a 3rd caeserian isn't any riskier than a 2nd one really.? I had 2 caeserians previously as i'd failed to dilate, even with oxytocin and no matter what they tried, i didn't budge past 2cms in 15 hours both times..

I'd asked her what she thought on this, and her answer was that the baby would have been in the wrong position. whaaat?! they WERE in the correct position (both previous obs told me after their births) but i'd just failed to dilate. i'd never heard of baby being in the wrong position being the reason you didin't dilate?! i thought maybe it had more to do with the softening etc of your cervix?

Just as well i'd had 2 previous experiences in having a c section because if i were new to this and this was my first child, i would have majorly freaked out at her words. Only reason why im going public this time, is because i did'n't have maternity/ob cover on my private health anymore cos i thought we were done having kids. and this one came as a suprise.. so im not covered. i'd thought of paying out of my own pocket to go private but decided against as my two came prematurely and theres a high chance of it happening again.. i just cannot afford to pay $1000 a day in special care this time around.. I just felt dissappointed in the ob today really. she was really cold. As a matter of fact, im not enjoying the whole public thing so far either, i feel like i'm just alone in the whole thing. Yes im having shared care with my gp etc, but it's nowhere near the experiences of care i had going private.

sorry, lol. had to have a bit of a winge. just wasn't happy with the ob today. thought she could have been more tactful with her words today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,
    I have had 3 c-sections (private) and its no different from your second. Pain wise it's the afterbirth pains that are worse when the uterus is contracting. But pain From the Caesar was actually better, not as painful as the first one. I did however get an infection which put me back in hospital for 2 days on IVABs. But overall the pregnancy and birth was great.
    Im sorry you had such an awful experience with the OB and hope the rest of your journey is great!

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Heya im going to be having my 3rd csection public. I very much enjoyed my prev 2 as I had my own room and good looked after by lovely midwives. My sil when I had my 2nd was having her first private an I couldn't tell the dif. Goodluck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would you mind pm'ing me your ob's name? My best friend is going public there with a female ob because she fell 2 months before her cover waiting period... Am worried she will be seeing the same one as you and brcause this is her first and she is a bit fragile....