+ Reply to Thread

Default kids sending me to end of rope

I have three boys, 5, 3 and 4 months. Whilst I love them dearly they are testing me bigtime. Hubby is a fantastic dad but he works long hours and I have them to myself 11-12 hours a day. I am tired, stressed and feel like I am a crap mother as all I seem to do is yell at the kids and jump from one 'fire' to another. Not really sure why I am writing this, just thought putting something in writing might help relieve some of the stress. The glass of wine post dinner is not really cutting it at the moment!

Hugs it gets better the older they get.... I promise you
    In the meantime I had a similar situation and went military on them ! Any breach of behaviour was a big punishment ! It took about a week but they soon learned I wasn't playing nice mum anymore ! Even now my 17 year old son only has to hear me start to say it your choice to make the wrong choice but there will be consequences and he starts clinging to his mobile, lol
    Only reason I did this as cause I was at my wits end. I was a single mum, no help, working full time and sick to death of constantly putting out the fires I was talking to a neighbour who was military and he suggested it, we haven't looked back since. You do need to be diligent and creative though. My middle son doesn't care if he is grounded, but hates doing dishes it takes a lot to be diligent at first, but after a week or two you start to notice that just a warning works !

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummato4 For This Useful Post:

3boysskipping  (27-07-2012)

parenting is tough. You could do the 28 day scream free challenge. I swear it helps a little. AND going a little easy on yourself... we are our own worst critic

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachie81 For This Useful Post:

3boysskipping  (27-07-2012)