+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would personally look north west Brisbane. We just bought 2 acres in Cashmere (be wary as some blocks are bush blocks with very little lawn - lovely if that is what you are after, and also watch for blocks with high voltage transmission lines running through them). Also really like Eatons Hill, also some acreage areas of Warner and Joyner are nice.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pina Colada For This Useful Post:

Caviar  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No advice just wanted to second some of the pp saying avoid caboolture and morayfield. I'm sure there are worse places to live but I wouldn't, EVER.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to melimum For This Useful Post:

Caviar  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's funny to me that people hate caboolture and morayfield ...... It's better up here than Logan for sure and the only time I have been mugged, or a victim of crime is in the city

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mummato4 For This Useful Post:

Caviar  (26-07-2012),Happy2be3  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah look, I've lived in caboolture since I was 9 years old... Im now 31... I've NEVER been robbed, and broken into, mugged, attacked or the like. There is NO doubt that Caboolture has ALOT of druggo's its a fact, but in terms of actually living here no one in my family have ever had a problem.

Having said that, I wouldn't recommend it in general because of all the bogan (bare feet, kids not looked after etc etc) and the druggo's walking around (they keep to themselves) and it's quite a worn down area.

***Sent from my phone***

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

Caviar  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caviar View Post
    Hi there. I have young children and a husband who has been offered a transfer in Qld. Meanwhile, I was made redundant in my position while on leave with my newest addition so there's no real reason to remain in Adelaide.

Basically I've been given a map and told to pick an area. Hubby will then go and scout for a place while we remain here packing up.

His work is around the Redcliffe area.

While I have worked in CBDs I prefer not to live in or near them. I like semi-rural. Is this possible here?

Your advice would be VERY MUCH appreciated.

It is envisaged that we may move around October.

If he's working in Redcliffe I'd recommend living there, it's lovely! Keep away from some parts of Deception Bay... It's a bit like Caboolture, but as with Caboolture the dodgy people usually only reside in a small area of the suburb.

Highly recommend Narangba, Murrumba Downs (lovely new area with new estates and very close to highway), Kallangur.. All awesome areas.
    ***Sent from my phone***

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree that Kallangur and Murrumba Downs are lovely areas. I really love North Brisbane. I actually live in North Lakes which is right next to Redcliffe We are moving though because the blocks are so small and the yards are minuscule (it's an estate kind of area).

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree that Kallangur and Murrumba Downs are lovely areas. I really love North Brisbane. I actually live in North Lakes which is right next to Redcliffe We are moving though because the blocks are so small and the yards are minuscule (it's an estate kind of area).

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Caviar  (26-07-2012),Happy2be3  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    North Lakes! How did I forget North Lakes! Lovely area :-)

***Sent from my phone***

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you don't want to go as far as Mt Glorious/Samford etc (which are beautiful areas!), then maybe have a look at Kurwongbah....next suburb over to Kallangur (about 15-20 mins drive to Redcliffe)...mixture of estates (we're in a newish 'suburban' estate) but lots of small/medium acreage blocks throughout (obviously depending on what you want/$'s want to spend)...only 5 mins to trains (with the new rail line about to go out from Petrie station) and an awesome Primary school!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dayboro or whiteside are lovely too and is a bit closer to redcliffe than samford.