+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone. The reason I'm thinking of maybe getting a three wheel one to start with is because DS2 could use it once DS1 outgrows it or wants a two wheel one. I like the idea of a two wheel one but even with steering he's not great so far so I'm thinking one thing at a time! Will check out some of the ones suggested, both the two and three wheel ones and decide from there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Think I'm set on the maxi micro (mini micros big brother) am excited for DS! Am less excited about the cost

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay, you won't regret it! They are awesome scooters

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

CluckySC  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second the mini micro! They also have another one that's for ages 5 and up (the mini is 2-5), they're the same but different sized obviously, so depending on how big your 4yo is.

It's very stable with the 2 wheels at the front, and more than that, to turn they put their weight to the right/left rather than stir the handlebars so it promotes balance. DS loves his!

They are expensive at $120 but the quality is great and they roll beautifully. I prefer to buy one strong reliable scooter that would last rather than buy three cheapies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to update and say THANK YOU to those who suggested the mini micro! We got the maxi micro, which is the bigger kids version, as DS1 is quite tall.

Expensive, but awesome my generally uncoordinated boy is zooming faster than I can run, dodging pedestrians and steering beautifully just the second time he's used it. And he has quite literally struggled to steer or ride anything before. He's thrilled and so am I.

Do you think I'd look dorky with the grown up one for myself :embarrassed:? My inner child wants one for Christmas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Do it! I ripstick and scooter around all the time. I got some funny looks when I was 8 months pregnant but apart from that it;s all good!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

CluckySC  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got my 3.5yr old a cheap kmart 4 wheel scooter but found he was always kicking/tripping on the wheels at the back because they are so wide. My nephew got this: Radio Flyer scooter http://shop.bigpond.com/Product.asp?...tail&ID=100629 which my son loves and rides a lot easier than his own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I second that. Buy one for you too. Scooters are awesome fun. I scoot up to the shops all the time - so fast. At first the other parents gave me weird looks. Now they're all doing it too!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

CluckySC  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    I second that. Buy one for you too. Scooters are awesome fun. I scoot up to the shops all the time - so fast. At first the other parents gave me weird looks. Now they're all doing it too!
    Trendsetter

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

CluckySC  (06-08-2012),MissMuppet  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    Do it! I ripstick and scooter around all the time. I got some funny looks when I was 8 months pregnant but apart from that it;s all good!
    Haha do you think I could pull it off with a baby in an ergo strapped to me? they look like so much fun