+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If we were sick we were confined to our rooms (or Mums car if she was working).

My nieces and nephews go to Dreamworld when they're 'sick'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post

My nieces and nephews go to Dreamworld when they're 'sick'.
    I gave my daughter a 'mental health day' at the end of last year and we went off for a special mummy/daughter day and it was great! Her teacher also thought it was a great idea. They were winding down for the end of year so she didn't miss much but she still talks about her special day off school...a memory she'll have forever, and one I'll do every year too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I do have to say though, as much as it is annoying and sometimes hard to live with, the neighbourhood is safer than when the last lot lived there. At least we can come inside and not have people being thrown onto the ground outside and watch them get beaten :/
    how awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wastingtime View Post
    I gave my daughter a 'mental health day' at the end of last year and we went off for a special mummy/daughter day and it was great! Her teacher also thought it was a great idea. They were winding down for the end of year so she didn't miss much but she still talks about her special day off school...a memory she'll have forever, and one I'll do every year too.
    Lol, if your child's ahead it's not the worse thing ever and like you said, they were winding down and you spoke to the teacher.

My niece gets a week off once a month because she has her period, then she gets 3 days off because she dirties her uniform and only has one that it takes them 3 days to get clean, or my SN SIL throws the uniform in the bin and she gets a month off school while they wait for the new one to arrive, or she doesn't have shoes and has until mums pay day off school...

Because no kid ever had a note excusing them for these things apparently.

On these days she gets to do a lot of really fun things and then they wonder why she's always looking for excuses to not go to school.

Then they wonder why she struggles to write a legible sentence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son gets confined indoors yep.. his days off are ALWAYS asthma related though.. usually a mild virus sets it off. And the best remedy is staying warm and calm.. watch some movies and have lots of orange juice and sleep I can understand that if its something like chickenpox, they CAN play outside, but should avoid contact with other kids. But I also know people who just always keep their kids home out of lazyness. And its a five minute walk to school. And their kids are probably safer walking to school alone than hanging at home all day with mummy and daddy and their charming visitors.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think mental health days can be important for some kids and parents. I know people who do it once a term, they pick a day, let the school know the child will be off and check it doesn't clash with exams, school photos, excursion days, etc.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

austmum  (27-07-2012)