+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Given the OP has written the word sick in inverted commas, I think she has her doubts as well, and being her neighbour, knows her better than anyone. So I was giving my thoughts from that.

yes and that is my point, you cant always see sick, its not always shown on the out side by someone just looking at them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My yard is fenced but not a high fence. I'm in no position yet to get a high fence but working on a bunnings pool fence. The mother is a "I can talk to her about it but I leave the choices up to her" type parent. I'm on the verge of wanting to take legal action. Sounds drastic but her kids can put me over ratio, and they are trespassing. I've known them long enough to know the kids have no additional needs, in fact the mother said once if she had a special needs kid she would kill herself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    yes and that is my point, you cant always see sick, its not always shown on the out side by someone just looking at them.
    If my child was sick for days, whether it is visible to others or not, I would not let my small child run around the front for hours, annoying neighbours unsupervised.

The OP also said that the child is possibly excluded from school.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 26-07-2012 at 22:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The child is year 2, 8 years old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    The child is year 2, 8 years old.
    Is the child away from school often?

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    If my child was sick for days, whether it is visible to others or not, I would not let my small child run around the front for hours, annoying neighbours unsupervised.

The OP also said that the child is possibly excluded from school.

I wouldnt either but we are not all the same, it still doesnt mean that the mum has kept her off school cause she is to lazy, We dont know the reason she is off school all the little girl has said is she is sick, just because she hasnt told a neighbour why doenst mean she isnt.

Fact is we have no idea why she is off school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No hard and fast rules here...depends on what it is they are sick with. My oldest has asthma so sometimes (less frequent now) we just can't get her asthma cough under control enough for me to be happy for her to go to school so she stays inside and we get on top of it and then she's free to have quiet play for the rest of the day.
    If she's deathly sick then a bed gets made on the couch and the tv goes on and she watches tv inbetween sleeping.
    No school work is done on sick days and they don't go outside to play.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    I wouldnt either but we are not all the same, it still doesnt mean that the mum has kept her off school cause she is to lazy, We dont know the reason she is off school all the little girl has said is she is sick, just because she hasnt told a neighbour why doenst mean she isnt.

Fact is we have no idea why she is off school.
    I have read enough of the OP's posts/threads about this neighbour and the child to "judge"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Up until recently I worked, so left before the normal school run and came home after, then with me in hospital and my brother's accident we were barely home last term, so I have not taken a lot of notice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do have to say though, as much as it is annoying and sometimes hard to live with, the neighbourhood is safer than when the last lot lived there. At least we can come inside and not have people being thrown onto the ground outside and watch them get beaten :/